Building from Newton Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian MAhoney

I'm buying a set of Newton plans 162D the 1994 Exide twin wing. Are there any sites out ther that would give any tips on costructing the boat.

Thanks

You might try the two Don Mock videos that are available on the rcunlimited website. He builds an Atlas Vanlines from the plans and goes through construction, finishing and running the boat. I found them interesting and informative.

tracerbob said:
You might try the two Don Mock videos that are available on the rcunlimited website.  He builds an Atlas Vanlines from the plans and goes through construction, finishing and running the boat.  I found them interesting and informative.
98450[/snapback]

I have the videos and have watched them numerous times. I learn something new every time. They are a good resource. Brian, I haven't updated my build in a while, been too busy to work on it. Hopefully I will get some done this weekend and post some new pics. Check em' out.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.p...&page=1&sort=da

Thanks........

Last edited by a moderator:
Not certain my VCR will play US tapes so will have to give the Don Mock videos a miss.

Russel, I have been keeping an eye on your build. I am impressed every time I look at it.

Hey Brian,

The tapes Russell is talking about are in VHS format and should play on just about any VHS player as I used to send my kids tapes up in Scotland and they sent them back to me, neither of us had any problems viewing them. I think the main problem would be using a US player on your voltage and 50 mhz.

go to the site www.unlimitedsnw.org and click on rebuilding the u_3 on the left hand side it has basicly step by step instrucitions to build the u-3 vacationville

I think Brian is refering not the the VHS issue, but the PAL, NTSC format dramas for international people. That said, the high majority of late model VCRs do play either format, and automatically configure for the difference.

Mine works with either format, and thats a 3yr old VCR, so it may just work out for you Brian.

Johno

Western Australia

Mick J said:
I think Brian is refering not the the VHS issue, but the PAL, NTSC format dramas for international people. That said, the high majority of late model VCRs do play either format, and automatically configure for the difference.Mine works with either format, and thats a 3yr old VCR, so it may just work out for you Brian.

Johno

Western Australia

98532[/snapback]

Will check out my VCR and consider my options.

Also the link to rebuilding the u_3 sound interesting

Thanks

suck my wake said:
go to the site www.unlimitedsnw.org and click on rebuilding the u_3 on the left hand side  it has basicly step by step instrucitions to build  the u-3 vacationville
98531[/snapback]

The U-3 has been completed and is in the testing mode. The web site will be updated shortly. It looks really nice.

Ralph

Checked out this site, very impressive.

Ralph Kemp said:
suck my wake said:
go to the site www.unlimitedsnw.org and click on rebuilding the u_3 on the left hand side  it has basicly step by step instrucitions to build  the u-3 vacationville
98531[/snapback]

The U-3 has been completed and is in the testing mode. The web site will be updated shortly. It looks really nice.

Ralph

98613[/snapback]

Back