Budweiser T4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I may ask another question. As I plan on running this as a 1/8 scale electric boat, what sort of motor esc should I look at getting? Any suggestions. It will be an 8s set up (2 4s packs)
The T-4 has a very small tub as I found out (ML Boatworks T-4), but I chose a Scorpion 4035/800 and a pair of Hyperion 4s packs. I made the mistake of setting the rudder servo to far forward, (which is being redone) and will run a Swordfish 200a/8s speed control. If you plan it out, you can fit a Neu 1527 1.5y. When I started mine, Jim Williams was still making motor mounts, so they were easy to get. I am certain HRC or Mini RC Meca could build a mount to fit the tub though-tub is about 4 1/4" wide.

parts 146.jpg

parts 454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just for giggles since this ground has been covered before. The only time this hull was recorded as racing was Madison 1995. Mark Evans was the driver for an injured (Cough) Chip Hanauer. The boat had no canard wings and it had a horizontal wing. I posted a video of heat 1B from Madison on my website the last time this subject came up showing the first wing breaking. They broke yet another one in heat 2B. In 3B they didn't have a horizontal and neither did the Wellness Plan. Lots of boats were breaking stuff this race. In fact they broke a vert in 3B, They started the final with one vert. Eventually DQed for hitting the Jaspers for being dead then restarting and coming back on the course. By the way there were NO tiplets on the boat at all this race. As far as Detroit is concerned the T3 ran in Detroit in 95 and it did have tiplets. In 94 the older version T3 ran and Chip was injured when the rescue hatch below him blew off at 150 MPH and he got a shot of water. I believe Mike Hanson drove a race or two for Chip that year.

Clarify- old issue that i thought was cleared up

The T4 raced in Madison in 94 It broke all of the horizontal wings during the heats and ran without the horizontal for the rest of the day because they were out of parts!

I would not model it that way ( without the horizontal), since that was a broken configuration and was never intended to run that way. Kinda like noone has modeled the circus/ miller high life boat that was parted together during a race in which both were damaged. You can't race a damaged boat..

Brian
As long as we have the internet and lots of display boat pics out there things like this will never go away, LOL! Kinda like the last go round about the full deck day-glo orange Winston Eagle being tested with the clown mouth scoop that was on it when they bought it from the Circus team.
default_tongue.png

Thanks Joe

I'm trying to finish my T-4 FE.

Picked up the hull from Germany.

You do have a few pics I don't, they will come in handy.

Thanks Much

flagger1

Back