Brushless Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stugots

Hi Guys

Im a new member to this forum and am a relative novice when it comes to r/c boats but am finding it addictive.

I have a question I have two small sizes boats a Aquacraft EP Hammer and a generic Kyosho designed boats Im not sure what class the hulls fall into to?

I also have a Castle Creations Mamba Max Brushless esc and a CM-36-s6900Kv motor combo. I am considering running it using two 7.2v batteries in series.

Would I need to look at running a different type of prop perhaps a metal type? If so which one?

I tend to get the feeling that this setup may not be that appropiate as it seems that alot of the brushless boat motors have a lower RPM Kv rating perhaps they are more torque based? and use more cells?

I also have a 3 cell Lipo battery that is 20c but am worried that the current draw will kill this battery?

Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated :)

Here go to www.offshorelectrics.com and post this there and see what you get out of it. They know alot about electrics over there. Not saying that people here don't as well. And yes you are going to need a new prop sharpend and balanced or a carbon fiber ones untill you find out what one works best then a brass prop sharpend and balanced would also work good.

also as paul said try the electric one on this site to...there is also Rum Runner and thats all electric.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a nitro forum, I would guess the guys in the electric forum would know alot more.

Paul

Latest posts

Back