Borrow a fire suit and helmet?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be fun Saturday im working on the car. My job is to install an engine management system. What do I know about them? Nothing!

I sure hope someone has a suit and helmet to loan me!

looks like a better bet to have a BIG life ins policy!!
default_tongue.png
default_dry.png
enjoy !!

I have friends that did a few when they first got started at Sonoma Raceway. I didn't know they had expanded to so many locations now. Do a search on Craigslist for Karts. Many people selling karts are selling their driving suits and helmets also, but don't list them separate.

i'm looking forward to it. my first time in a real race car. were spending most of our money on safety. but since we work for borgwarner...... well we make turbos!

Sounds like fun Just reading some rules was fun.

• [SIZE=10pt]4.1: Total Investment in Vehicle Can Not Exceed $500: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]Except for items described in Rules 4.2 and 4.3, the total spent to purchase and prepare any car may not exceed $500.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]4.1.1: Lame-Ass Rationalizations: Cars that "should be" worth $500 don't count; cars that "were worth $500" before you spent another $2000 to fix them don't count; cars you've owned for 20 years and spent more than $500 on during that time don't count; "it would have been worth $500 if it didn't already have a cage" doesn't count. Five hundred dollars means five hundred frickin' dollars.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]4.1.2: Lame-Ass Rationalizations About Parts: Same deal. "Free" parts, parts given to you by your buddies, parts left lying around the shop...that crap doesn't impress us. It's worth whatever the last real guy paid in the last real purchase. Don't think you're clever.[/SIZE]

[*][SIZE=10pt]4.4: BS Factor: To prevent cheating, all cars will be inspected by a panel appointed by the Organizers. At that time, all teams will be given an opportunity to describe the car's purchase and prep. If the panel believes the limit set out in Rule 4.1 has been exceeded, it will assign a Bullshit Factor (BSF) equal to one BSF per $10 above the limit. The entry will be docked one lap for each BSF assigned. (Ten dollars = one BSF = one lap.) Entrants are very, very, exceedingly strongly encouraged to bring pre-race-prep photographs, verifiable receipts, notarized testimonials, plus any and all other supporting evidence to Tech/BS Inspection. Or at least make up plausible-sounding stories in advance.4.5: Sponsorships: Conned some hardworking corp into giving you parts or cash? Nice work, but it still counts toward the $500 total. We recommend blowing that sponsorship dough on other stuff instead--hotel rooms, gasoline, entry fees, pedicures, driver suits, personal male enhancement medication, travel expenses, Freudian therapy for the Organizers...things like that.4.6: Labor Costs: If you didn't pay for the labor, it doesn't count toward the $500 total. If you did pay for it, it does count toward the $500 total. This just ain't that complicated, guys.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]4.4.1: Appeal of BSF Panel Decisions: Get real. There's no appealing this decision. You're boned.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]6.1: It's Always Your Fault: [/SIZE]LeMons is an all-fault environment. You are 100% responsible for what happens while you're at the wheel. Think you're the hittee, not the hitter? We don't care. Think you've been wrongly accused? See the part where it says "we don't care." Your job is to stay out of trouble. If trouble finds you, take responsibility like a grownup and figure out how to avoid it the next time. This ain't the **** SCCA.
  • [SIZE=10pt]6.2: Team Lousy-Driving Rule: Teams are held jointly accountable for the penalties earned by their drivers.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10pt]6.3: Why Am I Upside-Down? Rule:[/SIZE] You're upside-down because you have no business being out on a racetrack. Any driver who puts a car on its roof is out for 12 months. Any car that rolls during a race will be removed from the race.

Well, I was thinking about entering my brother's new `Vette (he sold the Viper) but he wouldn't be too crazy about the $500.00 claimer rule.

Back