Boris Mazor starter motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnmills

Supporting Member
I've checked with Igor, and he's not making the Boris Mazor starter, just flow meters. I'd like to build myself one but am having trouble identifying the motor he used. Does anyone know what starter motor it is or have a starter with a part number on it?

Just to be clear, Boris's son Igor is not producing the starter, so they're no longer available. I did ask him about the motor, but he couldn't identify it other than as coming from a "Honda ATV". I've found starters that are close but don't have the mounting ears right at the base of the motor, which makes for a clean attachment. FWIW these must be an aftermarket replacement as OEM starters are in the $300+ range!

Last edited:
I've checked with Igor, and he's not making the Boris Mazor starter, just flow meters. I'd like to build myself one but am having trouble identifying the motor he used. Does anyone know what starter motor it is or have a starter with a part number on it?

Just to be clear, Boris's son Igor is not producing the starter, so they're no longer available. I did ask him about the motor, but he couldn't identify it other than as coming from a "Honda ATV". I've found starters that are close but don't have the mounting ears right at the base of the motor, which makes for a clean attachment. FWIW these must be an aftermarket replacement as OEM starters are in the $300+ range!

eBay... Chinese motors:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...tarters.TRS0&_nkw=honda+atv+starters&_sacat=0

OR:

https://zippkits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84&products_id=725

I have some really nice starters in stock. Will start anything we have in our boats. 35cc are no problem.

These are high quality starters I hand build. The best fine strand copper wire/silicone insulated with nickel plated steel terminals that are crimped, soldered and heat shrink wrapped. The best Yamaha watercraft solenoid and a high quality pushbutton switch.

They are $300 complete with heavy duty Lipo battery and charge cable.

Yes, the Zippkits starter is a TFL product, it seems there are about a dozen similar versions of it made in China and available on eBay. The closest motor I'd found is for a Honda FL 400,Honda FL400 starter.JPG but it doesn't look quite right. It doesn't really matter I guess as you could make any one of them fit, but it seems folks were/are having good luck with the one Boris chose so I was hoping to ID it.

Daniel, I have a couple of your LiFE RX batteries, they're great and I need to order a couple more.
Do you have any pictures of your starter?

John,
I will get one tomorrow of the actual one I have ready to go. There is a one week delay in shipping to get battery here because I don't order those until starter is sold.

The starter motor Boris used is same mounting style as the one I use. The catch is this starter is made by 30 companies of all ranges of quality and kw output in the same castings.
The distributors change suppliers every order so I play heck trying to keep getting the best ones. I know what ones they are and there is a huge difference. Not outward to the eye externally but inside night and day.

Some are bare steel inside. Others are painted with high temp enamel inside. Some are balanced others are not. Some brush holders are rubbish and others ore robust. Some have bearings and others have sleeve bushings.

Polaris ATV starters
Look at DB Electrical online
Item 18645
I’ve used these with good success

Motor come from Honda ATV.

Back