BIG Motors....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking at them but, I don't think it would work for 1/8th scale

your talking XL size motors..

Doug I agree that the motors look impressive.

I spoke to them. Their stock is very limited at the moment.

When I called the larger sizes where only available in the finned version.

But they said they will have more in 1-2 months. Just in time for boat season!

Steven

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

I read that he has a prototype 2215 that will make 4000watts and when thats done he plans to do a 2230 that will make double that. Can you imagine whate a Neu 2280 would do :eek:

now that would be cool.. and that would work in a big 1/8th hydro with no problems.. I just think you would toast one if you tried to run the motors they have now

Hey Guys,

I agree with Kelly. (did I just say that? :blink: ) In a 1/8th scale you need the mass, I "think" a 2250 would do the trick but anything less than that is to hard on the motor. I do look forward to trying a couple of the Neu motors when their a bit more available, they sure look sweet on paper.

Paul.

they sure look sweet on paper.
And the results are real, not hyped up BS like other motors that have been on the market for the last few years.

Steve did his research first, and then made the product.

This is the way it should be done. I know for a fact that others have marketed before they tested. Using the consumer as a test platform without them knowing, is just wrong.

These new (Neu) motors will do well.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
LOU said:
I read that he has a prototype 2215 that will make 4000watts and when thats done he plans to do a 2230 that will make double that.  Can you imagine whate a Neu 2280 would do :eek:
86814[/snapback]

Lou 8000 watts?????????? Holy Smokes... what voltage? because at 32v you would have to pull 250 amps to get 8000, 4000 sounds incredible too, I thought the astro was impressive at 2000 but 8000 is over 10 HP!!

ok Hell froze over Paul agree'd with me.. LOL.. I too want to try some when I get the money and they are more avalible

Hey guys,

I'll be the first to give a thumbs up for Steve's motors (I own 7, 8 including the one at the bottom of the lake). They are incredibly efficient, I've yet to get one above 145F, and I've run them hard (batteries as hot as 260F) I've known him for years and he always does the background work first.

I ran an early prototype 1506/1.5d 2 years ago in an F5d pylon racer. Radared at 180 mph coming aroud pylon three running 7 gp3300's.

That motor currently lives in my N2 rigger, 6800kV :blink:

The biggest drawback to the large motors is the same problem that crops up with the giant scale airplane guys: No high voltage (60+) esc's to allow very high watt output without huge current draw.

I've seen the prototype BAM (big !ss motor) and it's impressive.

I'm hoping for a 1521 series to run in S and T classes.

Brian

Latest posts

Back