Baltimore Model Boat Club Spring race 2016

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachicon.gif
20151220_073501_resized.jpgChilli,

Sneak preview of a new boat built by Don Ferrette.....I am not running my twin but will be running two new riggers so I feel like I will be plenty busy.

John
Cool looking boat (*¿*)

Bob,

Don has been wanting to build a gas boat where the carb sits under the cowl without a big scoop on the side for a long time. I contracted him out to built it. It is the best of all his own personal nitro and electric boat design put into a gas boat. It works like his nitro boats so you know it works well. It is faster than my scrap lumber and looks a whole lot nicer. Thanks Don! Your design is a winner.

Kent,

Yea your old green machine works really well. Still got it. Just running gas right now.

John

Bob,

Don has been wanting to build a gas boat where the carb sits under the cowl without a big scoop on the side for a long time. I contracted him out to built it. It is the best of all his own personal nitro and electric boat design put into a gas boat. It works like his nitro boats so you know it works well. It is faster than my scrap lumber and looks a whole lot nicer. Thanks Don! Your design is a winner.

Kent,

Yea your old green machine works really well. Still got it. Just running gas right now.

That Don is a genus for sure. (*¿*)

John

One week to go, if you know of any club members that still plan on entering the race...do it before Sunday at midnight when the late fees kick in. Cutoff date is Wednesday.

As much as it disappoints me I'm going to have to miss this one and that sucks as it's a fantastic site big enough to run my twin.
default_sad.png

Part of the requirements of my new career was getting certifications that involved a couple months of intense studying which meant no shop time. I've been bustin' tail recently trying to get my stuff ready but time has not been on my side with the long hours I've been keeping to build up my client base. Granted I'm super close and it's remotely possible I could have one or two ready by next weekend but the fact that I have not even been to the pond yet this year to shake the rust off and test would not be fair to my fellow racers.

I hope everyone has a good time and I'll see you all soon.
default_smile.png

Don't worry Don, we got plenty of racing left this season, hit the books and get your certifications so you can take care of home.
Hey Charles the certifications are actually done now, prepping for those exams is what killed my shop time. While I've always known most of it in "layman's" terms they want you to know everything in the actual medical terminology right down to the cell level. While knowledge is a powerful tool and I did learn a lot of new stuff the majority of it will remain in my head and not applied on the training floor to that extent. You tell a training client something like the next movement will work the Vastus Lateralis, Rectus Femoris and Vastus Medialus they'll most likely look at you like you have 3 eyeballs.
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will also have to skip racing this coming weekend. We had a death on my wife's side of the family that has involved numerous trips to NC to square away the estate & prepare the property for sale. I will have to go back again this Wednesday, & won't return until LATE Friday night. Like Don, no pond or shop time - been a messed up 6 weeks! I WILL come up Sat., prolly camp Sat. night & stay for Sun.

Question, trying to register 1 class Thunderboat, says I owe 36.00. Flyer says 1st boat 20.00 and late fee after the Monday preceding the race. Am I missing something??????

Can't make this one fellas...expensive month for me and I have a job to finish that is running through race weekend...need the $$. Good news is the building is going great...Should have things ready for the next race...see you all then...

-Kent

Zoom,Zoom,Zoom Yea dinner Friday with the boys. Great food provided by the club plus a super race site.

Nails. (*¿*) (*¿*)

Lake Royer at Ft. Ritchie

14320 Barrack Ave.

Cascade, MD

Right off the race flyer here & rcracingevents, RRRay.......

I might need a throttle arm guys. If anyone has a spare, please bring it. I'm hoping my Zippkits order will get here in time but just in case.

Thanks!! See you Saturday....
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back