Australian ProAm class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIGGERMORTISE

On the AMPBA PROAM 7.5cc class they are supling a flex, collet and teflon washer for the drive. Can anyone tell me if it is going to be legal for me to use a square drive cable and fully ball raced strut assembly instead of what they will be suplying with the kit.

I am probably going to look at two of these for my 8 & 11 y/o kids to race. :unsure:

regards

Dave

If you want to race it "ProAm" then you must use their hardware, b mono you can use whatever you want.

Sounds like a super deal.

thats right mike but i am trying to work out from the ampba site if is possible to use the square drive assembly as the cost is similar but i prefer full bearings and not teflon washers. Also i have a bit of a problem understanding exactly what type of flex assembly they are going to use. Unfortunately i didn't have a good look at the drive hardware at the Nats.

anyone who wants to look at this new and exciting class can go to:

http://www.ampba.asn.au/initial.htm

Sounds like the perfect stock class. I wonder how long it will take before the Proam's will be faster than the B monos? ;)

Dave

I suppose one sponson is ok for my boys. :D

Pro-am's are just as quick as the 45 mono's. They just require a good ear for tuning as you can not run a 3rd channel needle, and a setup specific to 4:1 fuel.

I think it would be a great class for your boys to learn racecraft and also would be easier for the pitman (dad) to get ready B)

I think the intention of the class is to keep the cost down - so I would suggest the changes to the strut may be considered illegal.

Tim.

You are right Tim im going to need a couple of easy boats to pit for. :p

I rang Nitrocrazed and had a chat about it, i am now prety confident of making them as good as a B mono.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions they are greatly apreciated. :D

Just got to find the folding stuff to buy two of them. :unsure:

My youngest Ryan has been racing for the last day in the pool with his boats. Im getting a bit tired of calling the race for him. <_<

Thanks again

Dave

This appears to be a very well thought out attempt at introducing racers to the hobby. I would like to know if it has been succesful or if its a brand new program, and if a similar box stock, complete package class would work in North America.... Tony J

Tony,

It is still a fairly new class so it is hard to say if it has been successful or not. The numbers I have seen so far have not been huge but the racing has been good, and they are a very economic way to start.

Ian.

We have had a few events where we ran pro-am class and it is very close racing.

I see no reason why a similar class can't be done in North America.....

Back