Atwood 0.49 Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclecrash

I figured I would start a new thread,wasn't getting no replys on the outdated thread. Im looking for any diagrams,pictures,or any parts that anyone may be willing to sell. Trying to get my Outboard running. The main thing would be the connect pieces im missing to connect from the crank to the flexshaft. Also need to know what size the flex is so it can be replaced. Also need a flywheel for it.Here are a few pics of what I have. You can see in first pic Im missing the part that goes from crank to flex, possibly 2 or more parts not sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Dave

ATWOOD OUTBOARD.jpg

ATWOOD OUTBOARD 1.jpg

ATWOOD OUTBOARD 2.jpg

ATWOOD OUTBOARD 3.jpg

ATWOOD OUTBOARD 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured I would start a new thread,wasn't getting no replys on the outdated thread. Im looking for any diagrams,pictures,or any parts that anyone may be willing to sell. Trying to get my Outboard running. The main thing would be the connect pieces im missing to connect from the crank to the flexshaft. Also need to know what size the flex is so it can be replaced. Also need a flywheel for it.Here are a few pics of what I have. You can see in first pic Im missing the part that goes from crank to flex, possibly 2 or more parts not sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Dave

Dave,

Here is a picture of a complete all original Atwood Outboard I have had in storage, (in oil), for 15-20 years. It is going to Dick Loeb but I thought you may want to see a complete assembly for comparison. Thanks.

Thanks,What i really need is pics of the inside. Showing the parts that hook to the crank pin, all the way to the flexshaft. Could you mention to Dick that if he ever tears it down to please post pics of these parts to this thread. I have the whole motor minus pulley in my pics it is just tore down,thats when I found out I NEED INTERNAL PIECES <_< Thanks Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
This might help, clicking on the pictures will often lead to much more info on the item. There are a few pics of the engines torn apart.

http://www.google.co...0CdKXtwe4gvzPBg
LOL thats the guy I was talking to last night.(happydad) Thanks Topfuel what did you use for your search? maybe pics of atwood outboard,. I emailed everyone who I found had one of these on the mecoa site and happydad replied back. He is the one who posted those pics of the tore down outboard. Looks simple like just a reversed crank with a slot to index the crankpin. Byt wondering how it is attached to the flexshaft. I will pm him tonight if I don't here from him. He needs info on a piece he is missing in his pics. He has no brass threaded bushing at the bottom of the outdrive. He started a topic wondering how to get the prop to sit level. And that is what he is missing. It might be too late for him to install one it he ran it and wore out the threads on the sides of the case's. Thanks again Dave

Back