*** Atlanta Model Boaters Grand Prix - July 14th & 15th 2012 ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lake ought to have plenty of water by now.....looks like its raining again today

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it has been storming the last couple of nights. It poured last night for about 2 hours. Haven't seen rain like that since back home in Brunswick, GA. Thankfully the storms have been around 11pm, so hopefully we can get some decent weather during the day sat and sun. Weather has been cloudy all day, at least the temp is not in the 100's.

Where can I find a schedule for the race as far as what and when each class runs?
There is no set schedule for when each class will run, the racing will start at noon tomorrow, Open water will be from early AM till about 11:30, will have a drivers meeting, then racing begins. And we just rotate through the classes. Will probably run till early evening tomorrow, as this race has turned out to have more entries than the Spring Nat's.

Hope to see ya there

Great! I'm bringing a friend that's wanting to get into rc boat so this will be a great show for him.

Lamar,

We missed you and your family at the Atlanta race this past weekend. Smock and all the rest did a wonderul job. We all had a blast.......... ;)

Great Job AMB!! John and I ran seven boats in eight classes and we brought every boat home without a scratch. Not having the FE competition in D12 that you guys have down south, I was proud to have John and I make a few trips to the podium. I got to meet a few new friends from outside the district as well as put some faces to a few of the the names I see post on the boards. We had a nice grill out with the D12 homies on Saturday evening. The weather was as nice as you can hope for this time of year.

Sorry we missed you Lamar. I wish you could of seen the Huff Racing powered Aeromarine Vector run. She is proving to be a great combination. I just have to do a little more pipe experimenting and learn how to stay out of trouble running with the gassers. I started off with a few DNF's in the first few heats but had some solid finishes by the end of the weekend.

Mr. Smock, my friend and mentor. What can I say.. John and I had a blast chasing you down the straights. Let's do it again!!

ya it was a great weekend thanks AMB..... i got to leave early when a sink hole ate my boat and destroyed my cowelling..lol...wish ron shaw and i could have run a few more laps closer....when my boat was upside down his was going strong when his was upside down mine was upside down too lol

btw this is a link to the photo guys site that took all the pics http://rhurleyphotography.zenfolio.com/p681108902

ya it was a great weekend thanks AMB..... i got to leave early when a sink hole ate my boat and destroyed my cowelling..lol...wish ron shaw and i could have run a few more laps closer....when my boat was upside down his was going strong when his was upside down mine was upside down too lol

btw this is a link to the photo guys site that took all the pics http://rhurleyphotography.zenfolio.com/p681108902
Enjoyed running with ya Ron. It seemed the only time the wind came on strong was during the p limited heats. Dick's experimental ML Boatworks p limited tunnel is really coming along. It was strong all weekend. It was so much fun to drive I just kept forgetting about the wind and that it does have a throttle and ended up blowing it off a couple of heats.... ;)

Congrats to Bobby as he put together several solid finishes to take the win.

Results? who won the outboard classes? Leecraft & Tunnelmaster?

Results? who won the outboard classes? Leecraft & Tunnelmaster?

Mic,

We missed you and Jay there. It was a hot weekend in more ways than one...... :eek:

I won the B Stock, D Tunnel, Open Tunnel, and the Gas Tunnel Classes. The D and Open I ran my LeeCraft 460 and the B Stock was an orange and white Lynx I purchased last week after finding out it belonged to the late Mike Rushing. Mike was an awesone tunnel/engine builder and much respected by us all. Carl tells me Mike named this boat "Big Orange". I spent some time on open water to rig and setup the boat for heat racing. I was extra pleased to get a win for an ole tunnel buddy!!!..... ;)

Ron I can't believe you are going to claim that B-sport win! I had the field covered, and had the class won until one of the Brevoort's got me DQed over the color of my water jacket. We lost all respect for the group that came from D-12.

I got one word for the whole group of ya KARMA!

Ron I can't believe you are going to claim that B-sport win! I had the field covered, and had the class won until one of the Brevoort's got me DQed over the color of my water jacket. We lost all respect for the group that came from D-12.

I got one word for the whole group of ya KARMA!
Jimmy,

You were not even close. Maybe you forgot to look at the scores. I wasn't going to mention it, but if you were DQ'd Im sure it was warranted. From what I heard it could have been any head as the blue stock head and button were not in place. In Stock B, last I checked changes above the cavitation plate are not allowed. You want to race, follow the rules. I dont blame Kevin as I heard one of your group ran him over on the start of another heat, but that's between you two.

Sounds to me like you already got your KARMA... ;)

Come to another race with a LEGAL setup and lets do it all over again, ok???..... :) Charleston is coming soon. Get your stuff ready. Don't take it out on D12 because you are a poor loser...... :p

This is supposed to be FUN!!!!...... :D

Ron I'm not a poor looser never have been. But when you get DQed over a "stock" part that was polished instead of blue, yeah that chaps my $&@. After I was told that I was being DQed I went and asked Wendy at the tower where I was in the standings she told me I was in 1st. I tend to believe the race CD on the scoring. I'm mad about loosing the race, it cost me my district points.

As far as being legal, I raced the same boat motor, and cooling head at the WTC's and won B-Sport no one had a problem there.

I dont have a problem with all of D-12. Just the group that was at this race.

I was part of the D12 group that attended the race. Tell me Mr Duncan. What problem specifically did you have with me and my son?

We had a problem with the Brevoort's, Shaw, and the Loeb's. I was not aware anyone else from D-12 was there my apologies.

Ron I'm not a poor looser never have been. But when you get DQed over a "stock" part that was polished instead of blue, yeah that chaps my $&@. After I was told that I was being DQed I went and asked Wendy at the tower where I was in the standings she told me I was in 1st. I tend to believe the race CD on the scoring. I'm mad about loosing the race, it cost me my district points.

As far as being legal, I raced the same boat motor, and cooling head at the WTC's and won B-Sport no one had a problem there.

I dont have a problem with all of D-12. Just the group that was at this race.
Jimmy,

Just because no one noticed at the WTC doesn't make it legal. Its very clear in the rule book. Hats off to Kevin for noticing that infraction. He had talked about making his green but the intent of the rule is clear that only stock parts can be used. If you don't like D12 cause they kicked your butt and made you play by the rules, then that's your choice. The winner is announced at the end of a race, not in the middle. If you are that good at predictions than you should have put a stock cooling jacket and head button back on your OS. I guess you are going to come up with a reason not to like my wins in the other three classes as well..... :eek:

See ya in Charleston if you decide to come out to play........ ;)

Back