• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale ARTR Sprint cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Levescy

Aeromarine sprint cat complete with servos, Bob Violent 3rd needle, and all hardware less motor and pipe. $350.00 OBO + fees.

Attachments

• IMG_20220302_134957.jpg
    IMG_20220302_134957.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20220302_135020.jpg
    IMG_20220302_135020.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20220302_135105.jpg
    IMG_20220302_135105.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
I ran a 90 back in the late 90's just for fun. I bought it totally built with a OPS 15cc just as the person who raced it used it. It was being sold in a hobby shop on consignment. I sold all my RC trucks, cars and controllers to buy it. I never smiled as much as I did when ever I ran that beast. Fast as all heck and turned on rails. That was my first nitro boat and I started in the deep end. THe engine was worked, it had the initials SS engraved on the mounting pad, anyone have a clue who that might have been??

I ran a 90 back in the late 90's just for fun. I bought it totally built with a OPS 15cc just as the person who raced it used it. It was being sold in a hobby shop on consignment. I sold all my RC trucks, cars and controllers to buy it. I never smiled as much as I did when ever I ran that beast. Fast as all heck and turned on rails. That was my first nitro boat and I started in the deep end. THe engine was worked, it had the initials SS engraved on the mounting pad, anyone have a clue who that might have been??

Stan Simpson

Stan typically marks his engines with the owners initials and the dates on the side of the case, with a hidden “IV” somewhere on the sleeve. Unless he switched it up over the years, SS may be someone else. Big Stan may have done that mark but Jr. was normally the man behind the dremel (whether most knew it or not, lol)

Stan typically marks his engines with the owners initials and the dates on the side of the case, with a hidden “IV” somewhere on the sleeve. Unless he switched it up over the years, SS may be someone else. Big Stan may have done that mark but Jr. was normally the man behind the dremel (whether most knew it or not, lol)
There was only the SS engraves on the side of the mounting pad, I did not see and marks on the sleeve. Im on the East coast NJ, so Im sure it would have been someone local to the area. I remember someone names Steve Spees, I believe thats the correct spelling that wrote articles for Boat Modeler magazine, I use to wonder if it was his initials.

Here is a picture of the bottom showing the ride pads have been block sanded for flatness.

Attachments

• IMG_20220323_154757.jpg
    IMG_20220323_154757.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220323_155001.jpg
    IMG_20220323_155001.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 60
Radio box looks like it was cut in half at some point... boat has had a rough life but would make a decent restoration project...

I may be interested in it if Stephen passes ..

Shipping to 75028...

Yes the radio box was cut down to make room for the 67 that was in it and it was raced in the 67 hydro class for 1/2 a season before the engine was put in a rigger and the Cat sat in the shed for 10+ yrs.

Shipping quote for UPS $ 55.00

True, to a degree. His dad did it otherwise...we made no mention of 'IV'...

I do have an NR67DD that's all new internally that 'IV' did some enhancement on.
He mentioned that it needed to have .010" removed from top of liner flange and liner lifted in case +.010", and bowl volume increased...just haven't done that yet.
In fact, thinking about listing the engine FS here.

Back