Are there any Italian boaters here....?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James ,

Alessandro Oldini is the one you need to find ;)

Or Andrea Cavalli :)

I'll hook you up with their addresses in a few hours . just gotta finish a several things before i can get online on my comp

Bart

James, I'm here and ready for your questions.

You got a pm a couple of days ago...

let me know

Ciao Ale

Hello Ale, I got your PM late last night, I was away all weekend...

Thanks for the response.

I was looking for info concerning some racing being done in (around) Modena Italy. I stumbled across a few website that have races advertised for this area. What has me interested is the races are allowing and have a class for 3.5cc outboard tunnel boats. I am as big of a tunnel fan as anyone and want to come race with you guys. What organization do I need to belong to, to race in Italy? I have read some of the Naviga information but it is very confusing to my simple american brain... Not to mention its usually in a foreign language or badly translated engricsh... :D

what type/size course is being run on?

what is the race format? open water on one day, racing on the next two? or practice/racing all in one day?

I think THIS is where I found the info on the outboard racing.

can you explain the rules of the F1 (nitro) and the F1 (electric) classes to me?

thanks for your help.

~James

PS. I sent a few emails to some people on the race flyers, but did not receive a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James, on september 24 in Campogalliano, near Modena, there will be the 4th race of the italian championship for electric class. Also outboard 3,5 ond offshore 3,5 are welcome, but you'll have few possibilities to race because the same day there is nitro/gas race for the championship in Viareggio....

If you want to join us in Viareggio you are welcome!

Outboard class exist in Italy, but not always we have race due to few driver, but if you don't have problem you can race together mono and cat 3,5.

The course is oval, 100meter the straight. 4 heat of 8 minutes each, the best 3 for the final classification. In case of more than 8 driver, 4 heat of 8 minutes and the best 8 driver will go in a final 12 minutes long.

Saturday is open water all day long, sunday is for racing (only 1 hour for testing in early morning).

Muffled pipe are required. have you a impba, mamba, naviga, ogej&%$£jd card?

We wil have dinner at the lake with a menu based on fish.

If you more question you can send me an email.

Here you can see the flyer on our forum: http://www.ondalunga-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=1580 (maybe you have to register an account to see it.....)

Ciao Ale

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply Ale, I will send you an email to confirm a few issues... Thanks, ~ James

Back