Are the 67 Roadrunner and the 90 Roadrunner the same?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rratoff

I need help!

Purchased a Roadrunner 90 and was told that the 67 and 90 boat were the same boat, just change the motor and prop.

I really need someone running Roadrunners to tell me if they are two different riggers or was this person correct.

Thanks in advance!!!

Can't say for sure if they are the same or not, but there is no reason why a 67 would not work well in the 90 boat. It should be pretty stable!

There is a guy in my District 13 that runs A hot cmb 90 in a .67 roadrunner, and it handles very well and is extremely fast. he was the district high points champion in f hydro. He is the local roadrunner expert Im sure that they are slightly different boats probably a little shorter, but ill have to ask for sure. with the right set up it will be a fast boat!!

~ James

:)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. If anyone could tell me if Roadrunner makes two different boats or if the 67 and 90 are the same boat I'd appreciate it. By what James friend is doing, it just may be the same boat. Maybe Roadrunner didn't make a 90? When I went on their site, they make a 21 and discontinued their 67. A 90 isn't even on the page. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

The 67 And 90 RRs are two different boats. You can make the engine swap either way. I did run 90 OPS in 67 made a handfull to drive. I woud think a 67 in 90 hull woud not be at full race speed.

Randy

Ralph Amirola took over the production of Roadrunner again. He is very helpful and would be more than willing to answer any questions that you may have. Give him a call @ (813) 684-0015

Ron the 67 RR & 90 RR are two very different boats. the Strut length (from rear of frt sponsons the the strut) are different, the front & rear sponsons sizes & wetting surfaces,, tub width & length,tank sizes,turn fins,Overall RTR Weight. Both are Excellent Boats. But they Perform the best with the Correct Engine and prop sizes in 2 different size boats. I race Roadrunners. Let me know if I can help.Joe

Can somebody measure a 90 RR or a 67 RR from the front sponson trailing edge to the prop and post it here?

Thanks

-MikeP

:)

You all are the best, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the advice. Thank you to everyone!

Ron

Back