aquacraft uli

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

my freind's UL1 is hopping down the straights under full throttle...any suggestions on how to settle the boat down under full throttle ?...thanks....bob

Try adding some lead strips along the outside edge of the deck at the back of the sponsons. Use radio box tape to hold the strips until a balance is achieved. The boat is really light for the power available.

JD

JD

JD, I get the weight part but not the location. Could you give some insite on why at the back of the sponsons rather than the front? I was told by Troy McIntire, Roger Newton and several others repeatedly to use weight as far forward and outboard as I could get it for both lengthwise and lateral balancing

HJ, if I had to guess, JD is just wanting to add weight to the boat, NOT change the balance point. And I bet the balance point is right about where he suggested to add the weight..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a stock UL1? Has the prop been changed? On smooth water, bouncing is usually an indication of the prop being too high and the boat running too loose. I can tell you that with my Vac-U-Pickle, if I have the prop height/angle wrong, I have bouncing issues. It can be CG too but I usually see CG issues in the turns, (it hooks). I see that the manual posted online gives some direction into how to change the strut height/angle as well as the rudder but doesn't seem to give the starting points that the stock boat should be set up to. Grim might know.

Unless you have made changes from stock, it should be able to run flat without adding weight, air dams etc. Those seem to be tweaks done after changing the motor/ESC.

I can tell you that on mine I start at about 1/2 inch from the bottom on the hull (at the back) to the center line for the strut and then add about 0.5 degree to keep the nose down. The boat should balance at the transition from the main hull to the sponsons and I haven't changed the rudder setup since Doug Smock built it.

Good luck. We have three UL1s at our pond and the guys have good luck with them and they run very well.

oh yes it's an issue with the prop for sure .use the recomended props and ya cant go wrong. x series 445 or the low lift x640- ?? .

you will work it out fairly quickly they are as sensitve as your wife . :rolleyes:

Bob,

Try the Grimracer 42X55 or M445..both very good on that boat.

Its important to run the strut as close to the bottom of the hull as you can and still make the boat run well. Let me explain further.. if you run the strut to low you have set the aft plane at a severe negative angle of attack. This can spill the air way to early causing the boat to fall “if you will” after the fore plane has suspended the boat.

It’s a teeter totter effect. For and aft and side to side.

Also.. Spend some time adjusting the turn fin. This is a big one when it comes to handling.

Best thing to do is “pick a prop” that’s a known “good” prop and stick with it until you have the boat close.. Then start testing with other props.

Grimracer

Latest posts

Back