ANYONE SEE THIS??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can he guarantee that it will go 101 without an engine? Ask him "what if it doesn't?", do you get your money back?

This ought to be good. :)

How can he guarantee that it will go 101 without an engine? Ask him "what if it doesn't?", do you get your money back?
This ought to be good. :)
NOTHING LIKE A GUARANTEE TO MAKE A GUY FEEL ALL WARM INSIDE

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that at one time or another, that boat belonged to a guy named Cliff. He goes by Shadow on here and all his boats are painted that color. You can spot a Shadow Boat from a mile off.

The listing says it's guaranteed to do 101.866mph. WHat does the guarantee provide for if it doesn't go that fast????

Also notice the hard shaft drive and Airtronics AM radio. I also like the tunneled sponsons. THe only way that one will get to 101mph is on hte way to the pond in my Z........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey at least if the boat doesn't go 100+, it will come with a free coat of dust! :lol:
and the "hand painted logos" from the "good ol' days" <_< . i have bought a few things from shadow/cliff. if that was one of his boats, and it's like the stuff i got, it WAS nice, ONCE B) .

Just heard back from the seller he said all he could remember about the setup was that it had a 11cc tuned pipe maybe thats the secret It would be lighter with out all of that engine stuff getting in the way.

The boat is ok, just his description is out of wack! He did change the description, I don't think that boat ever hit the 50's even less the 100's... Just another fleabay sale.... uh! I meant ebay...

That is a old crapshooter with air traps on the front sponsons.
Dave

That boat is a Crapshooter built by Gregg Huey in the early 80's. I sold the Crapshooter business to him in 1980 and he started building sponsons like that, as soon as he got the company.

That boat is what we called a Sprint 60 which held the SAW record with an OPS 65 in it at just over 80 mph.

I have not seen this particular boat, but it looks like it was nice at one time.

Marty Davis

Had one of those from Greg around '85 IIRC, don't think that's the right cowl with it though...
And guess what Terry... I have your old Crapshooter. :p You gave it to me way back then, it is yellow and black. I bet you don't remember :lol: :p :p :p Nick

That is a old crapshooter with air traps on the front sponsons.
Dave

That boat is a Crapshooter built by Gregg Huey in the early 80's. I sold the Crapshooter business to him in 1980 and he started building sponsons like that, as soon as he got the company.

That boat is what we called a Sprint 60 which held the SAW record with an OPS 65 in it at just over 80 mph.

I have not seen this particular boat, but it looks like it was nice at one time.

Marty Davis

Here is a scan of an IMPBA SAW record set in Indianapolis by Terje Haugen from Oslo with a Crapshooter in 1981.

http://www.nmsbf.org/html/documents/modell...mpba_rekord.jpg

Stein

Latest posts

Back