Anyone know the PPG Paint code for Sikkens #359 (used on Budweiser Hulls)?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rappold

Supporting Member
Does anyone have a the cross reference number for a PPG paint that is the same as Sikkens #359 red? This is the red used on the 1994-95 Budweiser hulls. My local auto paint dealer put it in the computer but could not find anything on this.

If it does not cross reference, is there a similar red that others have used?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Rappold

Does anyone have a the cross reference number for a PPG paint that is the same as Sikkens #359 red? This is the red used on the 1994-95 Budweiser hulls. My local auto paint dealer put it in the computer but could not find anything on this.

Mike Rappold

Mike Rappold
I have it in the boat shop. Will go look tonight and post it tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Dupont Chromabase BC. There is across reference to Sikkens 359.Dupont actually calls it HYDROPLANES M2328K. I used it on a BUD T 5 hull

Harvey Liberman

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Dupont Chromabase BC. There is across reference to Sikkens 359.Dupont actually calls it HYDROPLANES M2328K. I used it on a BUD T 5 hull

Harvey Liberman

That's it! I took a piece of the real boat to them after it crashed at Seafair in 1994.They scanned it and came up with the paint you mention. That's when they asked me to name it for future reference.

I am glad that Harvey keeps better notes than I do!

Harvey Liberman

That's it! I took a piece of the real boat to them after it crashed at Seafair in 1994.They scanned it and came up with the paint you mention. That's when they asked me to name it for future reference.

I am glad that Harvey keeps better notes than I do!
Harry or Harvey,

Do you know if there is a PPG brand cross reference?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Back