Anybody know these guys?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.J.West

Hello everybody,

My name is Ron West and I used to be the club secretary for the Timberlake Amp eaters F/E club out of the Downers Grove, Illinois area between 1990-95. I would like to find some of the guys to see what they have been up to and to find out if they are interested in running again.

Does anyone know a Tom Balmes, jeff Stevens or rupert? I already found Art Peterson from Elmhurst.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe i saw tom balmes in a couple .21 hydro races a couple years back but not recently.

www.bataviarc.com jeff stevens is [email protected] I started the hobby reading about you guys. This group is still racing and have been for 10 years. You can't read about it now though, RCMB sold out to NAMBA and won't print their story, so Jeff quit writing it.

thanks,

Steve

Hello everybody,

My name is Ron West and I used to be with the Timberlake Amp eaters F/E club out of the Downers Grove, Illinois area between 1990-95. I would like to find some of the guys to see what they have been up to and to find out if they are interested in running again.

Does anyone know a Tom Balmes, jeff Stevens or rupert? I already found Art Peterson from Elmhurst.

Thanks.

Yep same here.When I lived in Florida around that time,I used to read about you early day heroes.Even ended up moving to Lombard for a few years to find you guys had all but broken up.Went down to that pond to visit because Ed Hughey had sent me a video of the race.

Not a real active club but they put on one heck of a nice race every year.Been there a couple times.Ill be comming back as soon as the Car buss.starts back up when ever the hell that is. :)

Yes Dennis, that Batavia club could not send a few vendors enough cash so they had RCMB chuck them for bigger things. You see these same people controlling things even today.

However,

Ed being not one of those, still goes to Batavia and has never stopped. Batavia is a great place to have fun and race amoung honest people that don't have an agenda.

thanks,

Steve

Yep same here.When I lived in Florida around that time,I used to read about you early day heroes.Even ended up moving to Lombard for a few years to find you guys had all but broken up.Went down to that pond to visit because Ed Hughey had sent me a video of the race.

Not a real active club but they put on one heck of a nice race every year.Been there a couple times.Ill be comming back as soon as the Car buss.starts back up when ever the hell that is. :)

Steve, The last issue of rcbm lists Batavia a a NAMBA sanctioned race this year. Did they sell out to get their race in rcbm? Looks like it worked.

Jeff

Batavia is not NAMBA, guess they made a mistake. That is too funny, just an example of how correct it is.

LOL :lol:

Steve

Steve, The last issue of rcbm lists Batavia a a NAMBA sanctioned race this year. Did they sell out to get their race in rcbm? Looks like it worked.

Jeff

Steve, You mean people on the top of the food chain make mistakes? Say it isn't so! The next thing you will be tellin us is thee emporer has no clothes :) .

Jeff

All I can say is that I won't be attending any races where the 2nd place boat sets a NAMBA record for a race. :blink: Gotta sell them motors and hulls ya know. :rolleyes:

;)

Steve, You mean people on the top of the food chain make mistakes? Say it isn't so! The next thing you will be tellin us is thee emporer has no clothes :) .

Jeff

Batavia is not NAMBA, guess they made a mistake. That is too funny, just an example of how correct it is.

LOL :lol:

Steve

Jeff
Hey, that's in my column. I wish I could take the blame, but I had nothing to do with that part. My guess is whoever did, tried their best to get it right. I've got to submit my next article in the next few days, I can have them correct that. Is there an affiliation that should go with Batavia or should I have them just list the 10th Annual Batavia Nationals as is.

As far as the conspirosy, Just add it to the rest of your deam world Steve. I've read many of your recent theories. Nice stuff. Some day you're going to say wow, did I say all that? I sure do about some of the things that I said in the past. I'd like to think I've grown up since then.

Dick Crowe

aka Crowe's Nest

Hey everybody!

I got hold of Jeff Stevens via email, he informed me that he hasnt seen Tom Balmes since 2000. He believes that he got into nitro boats. Real shame though cause i remember a few duels on the race course with him.

There is a ¨fun run¨ in Batavia Ill, on July 1st, 2006. I will be there. As far as I know the Batavia RC club is not affiliated with any sanctioning body, that they provide there own insurance. I moved from Downers Grove in 95 to live in South Texas. Hopefully if things work out I will be moving back up north this summer. Would you guys believe that I still have my MRP mr. Pringles? The same one that won in 91 and 92? Its been sitting in the storage unit since 1994. I think I might dust her off and slap in a brushless motor what da ya say? B)

/quote

I've got to submit my next article in the next few days, I can have them correct that. Is there an affiliation that should go with Batavia or should I have them just list the 10th Annual Batavia Nationals as is.

/quote

Dick: it was a great article...thanks for the 'Nest. I enjoy reading it in each issue.

As for Batavia, yes please just drop the affiliation as it is not a NAMBA or IMPBA sanctioned event. Good enough to just list it as the "10th Annual Batavia Nationals" race. An institution in and of itself :D

Dick, as a contributor to the magazine, when was the last time that you've seen any coverage of an IMPBA event? It's been a long time. When I worked at the 2003 Internat's, more than one person was willing to write a coverage article for RCBM and they weren't interested. The IMPBA isn't buying full-page ads like what NAMBA does.

I've already had talks with Matt, We chat via AIM and have given him my 2 cents more than once.

No offense to you or the other electric people but he also knows that I and others are tired of seeing way too much coverage of electric boats and not enough of other types of power. The latest issue finally got a little more of (although still electric powered) subs and some other things that haven't seen the light of day in a while.

Ron seeing that the mag gets thinner with every issue released and now quarterly, I suggest they take any article that they can get their hands on.

I love reading the mag when it comes in. As a matter of fact for some reason once the mag hits my hands I'm normally guided by some strange force, directly to any room that has a lock(normally the bathroom) and don't come out till its read from front to back.

For some reason, the IMPBA lost alot of membership in the late 90´s. I kinda got out of the hobby in 95. I could be totally wrong but wasnt it due to some rule change?

Latest posts

Back