Any Body Running there .12 Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rad Racer

Its July already and I havent seen any post on anybodys .12 rigger, What did everybody give up??

Ya might wanna try page 6 ".12 SAW Rigger/Project Gillmanator" Click the link on the first post for pics, Last update, March 29th 2002

Gene ;D

hey Rad... give up... no havent given up.... i would have had mine in the water but life has gotten in the way. personally.... up until just recently.... when i heard somebody moaining " I dont have any time" i just say to myself ya right your just too lazy.... for the first time in my life... (31 years old) i just dont have the time.... i've had my boat in the water 2X this year.... with job stress the size of texas, a 2 year old, and a 9 month pregnant wife.... i just cant do it all. I am planning on a job change at work to hopefully relieve some of the stress.

tom

thats likely more than you were looking to hear.... but i just had to get it off my chest.

here is the ff.12 as it currently sits:

View attachment 60

Tom thats ok I have heard worse. I was asking because it seemed like alot of guys were hot and heavy on this then it seemed like it died. I already have over 5 and half gallons of fuel threw mine testing and tuning

I don't have a .12 'rigger, but I am working on a mono project boat. It's about ready to hit the H2O again after rebulding the drive system and some other odd work. I'll have to get some shots of it and post them in the near future. Gotta be ready to rock when the motor does become IMPBA legal.

here's my excuse, not much rain in NC this summer has left my lake about dry, down 18 1/2 feet.

www.pixhost.com/pixm/mbawks/p1010450.jpg

Tom, Im running a Frank Bonanno .12 rigger. I have had different riggers over the years and this is the first one that I didn't have to worry about boat set up or had to mod something make it work, rite out of the box it was ripping hard and I never had to worry about making the boat handle or making it rite all I had to do is concentrate on my engine and prop program. The speeds I'm running shows that. I have been out of model boats for a while taking a break but once I seen his riggers go and some of his customers run there riggers I was amazed, it is such a plessure to run one of his boats and the craftmenship is unbelievable.

Rad Racer,

Do you have a picture of your .12 posted somewhere? Would like to see it. To bad about Toms situation I know if he could he would be building and racing (looks like he has mold growing on his .12).

Mike

At this time I do not have any pics posted but Mike B. had some pics posted of his some were in here. He has the same rigger I do.

that last one was what happens to the 23.00 ebay motor when run too hard too long.here are a couple more.

www.pixhost.com/pixm/mbawks/p1010348.jpg

www.pixhost.com/pixm/mbawks/p1010349.jpg

here's one of my boat out of the boat house for the first time in 2 years, parked where the should be 12 ft of water.

"No excuse", just slow going. However it looks very fast on my workbench!

;D

P.S. What starter belts are you guys using for your .12s ?

after the hpi motors were worn out I went back to a pull start engine, so I wouldn't have to drag the starter box along. that's one of the things I really like about mine is all you need is the glow lighter and a couple tugs on the pull start. Frank is using a belt start on his, made his own flywheel, to use the normal starter belt, I belive.

Mike Byer

ease on over to the sewing machine supply place and see what they have that is shorter, thats where the regular belts come from.

Mike

I finally got the film developed and only 1 picture of my .12 mono came out. It still had the Mac pipe on it but now has a Paris car pipe from my R/C truck racing days.

Latest posts

Back