Another Q Sport Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

I should have started this instead of jacking Dave's thread. Here's my Q Sport Hydro, an Aeromarine Shadow with a 1527/1Y, 6S1P/6600mAh, Hydra ICE240 and ABC1914. Weighs ten pounds. I originally built it for SAW racing, but never did, just rigged it for ovals. I haven't GPS'd it in a race heat, but last weekend I passed a PT SS45 which GPS'd 71 mph in the same heat. It's pretty narrow by today's standards, but I hung the turn fin way off the side with standoff pins, so it corners better than it should. Uses about 4000 mAh in a 1 mile heat with mill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MWYAO7piKc

Last edited by a moderator:
jay...u sure know how to set em up, thats for sure.....looks great....ill send ya a few boats for set up later lol

Good running machine there Jay. So - is that the normal infamous Texas rough water conditions?

That's close to average. Last weekend we had among the nicest water I've seen in Texas, not quite calm but much smoother than usual. Then there is the water where you can't get your P-Mono above one third throttle.....

Hi Glenn! That is the pond at Jim's new place. We have been running more at the LSMBC pond in Crosby, but once it gets hot this summer.....! We'd love to see you again soon, lots of new members.

Jay, let's talk Jim into having a NATS in his yard there.

That video is cool. Love the dragon fly in the front straight. You can learn about your boat from those slowmo vids.

man i love that vid. i still have a new shadow i would love to do this to when funds allow

Back