another crash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tunning for the day ,came in and out a few times and for got that i turned my radio box off ,so the third time out it went full bore into a log at about 35 + mph. it blow the stringer apart and broke the rudder aswell what you see in the pic.

**** happens

OUCH! I had a radio glitch near the beginning of the summer - was running a few laps, then it stopped responding to everything - 40mph into a steel boat hoist. Nothing left of the right sponson. I should have taken some pics. Time to go 2.4Ghz now.

that's the funny thing .I crashed in the spring time ,took out the same side sponson (not as bad thow)and just got it repainted 2 weeks ago. after that radio loss i bought a 2.4 futaba . so now i have to decide to fix it as stock or cut it apart and wided it . It might be easier to cut the sponsons off and fix it in parts then as a whole?. theirs stress cracks down the whole side

and they feel week. HUMMM!

I cut mine off for the same reason, once of I noticed all kinds of bad seams, so I am in the process of sealing them now.

Byron,Sorry to see the carnage,Is that why you didn't make it down to the district race this last weekend at Waughop? I had a little carnage of my own as well,lost radio and plowed into a cement pillar during open water.But a little duct tape and a new servo got me going and ended up winning the class for the day.I'll see if I can post a pic.

Jim

leecraftouch.JPG

ouch jim. no i didn't come down becuase i don't have a namba card yet. can't race. so i stayed up here and crashed instead.lol. well it's time to cut it apart .make it alittle wider and mode it out.the seems are week down the one side so i plain on glassing it on the inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
ouch jim. no i didn't come down becuase i don't have a namba card yet. can't race. so i stayed up here and crashed instead.lol. well it's time to cut it apart .make it alittle wider and mode it out.the seems are week down the one side so i plain on glassing it on the inside.
Well you will have to get your card for next season and come down and play,good luck with the mod and post some pics.

well i'm working on the boat i need to start looking for a new rudder.i would like to upgrade from the stock one. any sugestions?

well i'm working on the boat i need to start looking for a new rudder.i would like to upgrade from the stock one. any sugestions?
From actual observation of MVs with other rudders, they did not seem faster nor did they turn better. Having made that statement, you are certainly welcome to spend more money for a rudder.

Maybe someone else has experienced an increase in speed by changing to another rudder. I just haven't observed it.

JD

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the sponson from the inside out.

boatbuild001.jpg

hay jerry would you have the stock # for the aquacraft rudder . the number out of the manual show on line the fist generation rudder with one rudder hole,not the two hole one that came with my boat. thats all i can find a listing for or is the pic on line wrong?

Byron: you need AQUB8711 or Towers number LXMNX0, shows out of stock until late October. are you coming to the last race of the season in Marysville? if so maybe I can fix you up with a rudder. I should have a spare laying around. Rick

hi rick

I going to try to make it down on sunday ,because i want to watch the moded boats. I just need a rudder blade if you have a spare that would be great

thanks

Back