ANDY B TWIN BEST COWL INDUCTION PLACEMENT?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile

Got my A B twin almost ready to paint. Wondering what the best air induction placement would

be on the cowl. I've done left and rt side vents on some S G s ive had. Never gave the performance

aspect a thought. I have noticed some vents in the middle and some on the side.

Any suggestions? . rich b. thanks

P4240007.JPG

P4240008.JPG

P4240010.JPG

I run and ran no vents, since i run close to other boats and on the inside water always got in thru the vents. so if you run like me leave it closed up.

I run flaps on my outside vents and it works well . I also have one of Jeremys cowls and it works very well.

Look at cowl outside vents I had sold my 2 x SGX 80 twin w/ MAC84s to West Coast USA last few year ago
default_wink.png

deuceswild.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like front opening is top of the carb intake, wouldn't that cause a water problem if your behind and cross a prop wash?

rich b.

In the past i've run them on the side and below the carb. This my first twin and double screws put out a lot of water.

The flap, is it on the inside . and is it spring loaded of sorts. got a pic.??

Rich b.

Al what length are you running your pipes at.?? I have AA parabolics with headers and at the end of the header I get

12''. Running 1667s 5.8 full blade and 9b carbs. With rear sponses type behind the struts.

Rich b.

NONE needed..........................Will make no difference one way or the other.........................Gust some where for water to get in to the carb when running threw the tails................

Al what length are you running your pipes at.?? I have AA parabolics with headers and at the end of the header I get

12''. Running 1667s 5.8 full blade and 9b carbs. With rear sponses type behind the struts.

Rich b.
Yes set up 12" will you play down - 1/4" to 1/2" or more will find perfect high speed !! Best one use ABC H-48 cup 5.5" for MAC84

Look at my pictures and I bought it from Don Ferrette . Have you learn and will you run enjoy with Twin rigger
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
run 5.0 or 5.1's and have pipes set at 10-3/4"-11" let the engines spin up and stay on the insides. eagles love hugging the buoys.

Back