ALBERTS TWIN CRAPSHOOTER/Nitros back in florida!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Nice " BE COOL" will you run against to Brett , Tom and Julian in some day :D Good Luck!
Would love to run against all of them. Right now I am getting use to the boat and it has been only 25 years since I have heat raced a twin or rigger for that matter. I feel great with the boat. It drived like a slot car and dam is it nice on the water. Both of these boats have been fun to build and even more fun to run.

Beautiful boat!!! May I ask how heavy it is?
Twin came in at 238 oz so just under 15 pounds. I plan on making the fron sponsons in carbon next which may bring it up to the 5.3 pound range. either way the boat runs like a dream and weight is for sure not a problem yet.

Very Nice looking boat.....years ago I built a SG 45 with the same carbon finish...lot of work!

Gill
Gill, lots of work but well worth it. I have built a number of wood riggers but nothing holds up like this method. The weight comes in right at the same weight as Stu's laminated balsa build. The combination of the carbon and Kevlar all layed up and compressed together at the same time, makes for a seamless strong tub. It is well worth the time to know that you will never build the same boat again. The first one of these boats i built 25 years ago was still running in the Bahamas last year.

Gorgeous looking twin love the colour.

Don't forget to strap those tanks down lol.

Tim k
Tim,

The tanks are held in place with silicone dots and the cwl holds them down very well. I used some 1/4 turn cam locks to hold the cowl. If it comes of then the floating tanks is the least of my problems. I will most likly need a new cowl. :)

The tanks wont float if even close to full !!! And the cowl will come off in a full blown , WFO , 80 + MPH cartwheeling crash ...ask me how I know ! Strap or band those puppies in . :)

I have had some wild crashes with my 90 SGX. :unsure: I use pool noodles cut real thin and put them under and all around the tank.

That thing is wedged in as tight as a bulls you know what. also rubber bands on the cowl will give a little in a crash and save the cowl from damage.

David

I have had my tanks come out of the boat due to a blow over ETC. they ALWAYS float. They should be secuered with fishing line or zip ties with screws in each end.

Nails

bob they might float... right up to the time the other boat hits them at 80mph...and yes i agree...its a must to secure the tanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back