• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airtronics MX-3X 2.4 Radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Jones

Airtronics/Sanwa MX-3X radio for sale. Includes RX and the upgrade 6-cell NiMH 2200mAh Tx battery.

It probably has less than 2 hours on it. It was my first surface radio that I bought just over a year ago, and only used a few times last summer and for a handful of runs this summer. I upgraded to another radio so it can go. $90.

The Rx has been immersed in water when my radio box flooded. It never missed a beat. I did soak it in CorrosionX. Ran it a few times after that. No issues.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. Here are the specs:

http://www.sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/mx-3x.html

I have the manual somewhere, but I have to find it. I have a digital version (PDF) anyway if you can't find it online.

sanwa.jpg

Much larger pic here:

http://tibbee-creek.com/images/mx3x.jpg

-Joey

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this radio have a linear 3rd channel for remote needle use?
Hey Anthony,

I'll have to check on it. I think so, off the top of my head.

-Joey

Edit: Ok, the direct answer is no; It's an "on/off" switch. HOWEVER, in the manual it describes "P-AUX", which they call "point auxiliary". It is described as, "The point auxiliary function allows you to program Auxiliary Channel 3 to move the servo to up to 6 different points along its travel, then cycle through thesee points using either the TRM switch or by pressing the left and right menu keys"

So, I reckon you could use it as a mixture channel. That was my intention when I bought the radio. I just never got that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is like my non 2.4 MX3 it doesn't have a turn dial like some of the newer Airtronics radios do which is the ideal situation. However, you can use the end point adjustment on the third channel (AUX on the EPA menu) and linearly control a third channel idle mixture. With the large rate of adjustment it allows, you can adjust as much or more as some of the newer dial controls. I'd love to buy this Joey, but finding more receivers for it now that Airtronics has moved to a new type FHSS will become more challenging.

Wait, hold the phone, I thought this was FHSS-2. I'm definitely interested. Just to confirm, just one 92744 receiver right?

Wait, hold the phone, I thought this was FHSS-2. I'm definitely interested. Just to confirm, just one 92744 receiver right?
Yes, that is correct. Just one Rx. The only thing that I don't have is the switch (using it) and the box it came in!

-Joey

Back