Airtronics M11 with HITEC servos problems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasboatman

I am building a Sport 40 for a Friend and am having servo glitch issues. The servos never seem to achieve a null state and bounce around zero transmitter input. All Batteries are charged, Servos and receiver were NIB, Transmitter was used. I have never worked with Airtronics radios with synthesized RF modules. I have downloaded the Airtronics M11 Manual.

Transmitter: Airtronics M11,, Novak Synthesizer 75 MHz installed. AA Ni-MH 2700 Fugi cells installed

Receiver: Airtronics92926Z 75 FM 3 channel

Receiver B+: 1400 NI-MH MDP

Servos: HITEC HS 645MG for rudder, two HITEC HS-85MGs for throttle and mixture.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this system?? Are the Hitec servos compatible ?

Thanks for your help. CHEERS !!! Bob

i have that issue when i ran but its normally when your radio box get wet but i guess thats not your case..

julian

I have an M11x, I run JR and Hitec digital servos, when I used a analog servo insted of a digital the analog servo would hunt around for zero, I've been told to only run digitals or analog, dont mix.

I said No Way and not trust about Novak Synthesize 75MHZ TX module because sometime loss out of control. I suggest to use Airtronic #93975 75mhz FM TX Module better more safe ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never see RX #92926Z 75MHZ???? :blink: Can you show picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
My gues would be bad servos. Try different ones. I quit using Hitech servos for the same reason. Always jiddering. Swithced to JR. No problems since.

My gues would be bad servos. Try different ones. I quit using Hitech servos for the same reason. Always jiddering. Swithced to JR. No problems since.
jr's for me too, the rock steadiest servos i have ever used.

" said No Way and not trust about Novak Synthesize 75MHZ TX module because sometime loss out of control. I suggest to use Airtronic #93975 75mhz FM TX Module better more safe

I never see RX #92926Z 75MHZ???? Can you show picture?"

Thanks Allan,

I have never used one of these synthesized TX/RX units, and have not had any luck with HITEC servos. I had three new 1/4 Scale HITEC servos fail trying to get a Classic Thunderboat tested for the NAMBA Nats 2010 in three test sessions - - not a one of them floated worth a darn. I don't figure I'll be getting a Birthday card from HITEC. Three strikes and your OUT !!! The Futaba S5301 hasn't missed a beat since I installed it.

Here is a pic of the Airtronics reciever I'm working with. It came from Jack NIB, as did the servos.I see a trip to Radio South in this unit's near Future.

Julian - from an old Submarine sailor - "It's imperative to keep water out of the people tank" - - same thing applies to radio boxes.

Thanks for your responses Guys. I'm a FUTABA user myself. First boat radio in 1970 was a KRAFT 3 Channel on 27 - We.ve come a LONG way since then.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Back