Air cooled vs Water Cooled

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

Ok guys,

I'm new to Nitro and am trying to learn from others mistakes (cheaper that way)

If I had a choice betwen a water cooled K&b 7.5 and a Air cooled (Gold) for sport running which would you recccomend.

Advantage/Disadvantage of Water Cooled vs Air cooled..

Ok guys,

I'm new to Nitro and am trying to learn from others mistakes (cheaper that way)

If I had a choice betwen a water cooled K&b 7.5 and a Air cooled (Gold) for sport running which would you recccomend.

Advantage/Disadvantage of Water Cooled vs Air cooled..
I prefer the water cooled head for one major reason. It is easier to get the needle setting and keep it for a complete run. The air cooled leans out when it gets hot so you need to run it rich early in the run or it will lean out and die.

Greg

The aircooled Pro (with a red head, not the gold one) is the fastest stock 7.5 engine. With a pipe, the water cooled head doesn't overheat and sag. In 3.5 tunnels, the air cooled head may be the way to go on some engines. The stock K&B SS, a Rossi 21, and the Mac 21 all seem to run best with an air cooled head. None of these engines needs more than about 3 car sized fins for adequate cooling.

Lohring Miler

A lot of people will restrict the watercooling, because its doing its job too good. So the engine is too cool for best performance. Some watercooled engine can run even only with aircooling, on a cold day that is.

Ronald

Back