Air Brushes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavinP

I am considering purchasing a air brush largely to do trim work on boats.

I have a mixture of paints I would like to use ranging from K&B to autopaint and also finishing lacquor.

I had earlier purchassed a Pasche airbrush and compressor.The K&B paint wouldn't go through it despite adding thinner to the point the paint became like water.

I did try different needles and nozzles with no change in results with the K&B and autopaints

I was considering and have been recommended to get a Badger 150.

Will this handle the K&B paints and autopaints or will I have the same frustrations as the Pasche?

Any tips and comments would be appreciated.

"Air brushing suggestions needed, considering purchase"

Take a look at this thread started earlier this week It has a lot of good information in it....

I use an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. I love it more than my badger.
Thanks for that.I had read the other information on airbrushes but have been confussed between the Badger and the Iwata.

I needed a good recommendation like yours.

GavinP

Up until a few weeks ago I used a Binks Wren C single action airbrush exclusively for airplanes, my Scale Hydro, Sport Gas Whiplash and numerous smaller boats. This for complete paint jobs not just trim. True, the paint had to be thinned to near water consistancy but it did a very good job. It just took a little longer. I thinned the paint till a drop off of my mixing stick didn't have a trailer behind it when it came off the stick.

I have used all kind of paints include KB´s on my paasche´s so sounds strange the trouble you,ve faced.

What kind of paasche is yours?

Gill

I have used all kind of paints include KB´s on my paasche´s so sounds strange the trouble you,ve faced.What kind of paasche is yours?

Gill
It is a Pasche h-set single action airbrush.I got it with 3 needles and nozzles fine medium and course.It wont even spray water through the course needle and nozzle.

Back