air brush

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack

I agree with Beau on the Badger but I also use a Paasche I guess it's a personal preference type thing.

As a side note I use mine on shop air with a regulator not one of the small compressors.

Either one works good

Jeff

Iwata.. make great units.

You can buy them at most auto paint stores and the quality is second to none.

Grim

Iwata makes great brushes the badger patriot and velocity line are good as well. I have several airbrushes what do you want to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive run badger/ iwata/ and currently a Paasche --- all 3 brands are great, main reason I am using the Paasche now is the VL i can get a large needle and tip combo for it for my powder to liquid ( there is a chemical that mixes with powder coat to turn it to a liquid for spray-able applications--its handy) brands aside you should be more thinking double or single action-- single action is set the pattern and push the button (kind of like on and off) double action is variable --start with thin lines the more you pull the trigger back the wider the pattern gets-- I used to run an iwata double action and bought a "pre-set" handle for it which basically took the double action gun and allowed you to set the end point of the trigger (in a nut shell it made the double action work like a single action ---kind of like 2 guns in one)

any of the 3 are a good choice -- Harder&Steenbeck make some Nice guns to but $$$$ and your not getting parts local lol--I used to buy from www.dixieart.com -they used to have the best prices for guns and parts something to check into --good luck

Might also add, like above--I use tanked air and a regulator not a pulse pump-

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the main purpose of the gun? highly detailed or base coats and masked areas???

I asked my local paint shop about a gun for epoxys, clears and something able to shoot fine. He recm'd the SRI-Pro by Devilbiss. Has a 1mm tip (?? i think) can also go to .5 and .7 tips. Just larger than an Airbrush. Wow awesome. Easy clean up too. Disposable (kupps) option available too.

Back