"Aerotech Tunnels"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they still make boats? What do You guys know about them?
NO THEY DONT CARL VAN HOOTEN AND JOEY LEJUNE MADE THEM FINE BOATS AND STILL COMPETITIVE IF YOU CAN FIND A GOOD ONE. THE ONLY PROBLEM IF YOU SMACK IT AND NEED A COWL ITS GOING TO BE HARD TO FIND. IF BUYING USED ITS A DEAL BUT IF BUYING NEW ID GET A HTB OR A LEECRAFT,WHILE IM SURE THERE ARE MORE HULLS OUT THERE YOU SEE THESE AT THE FRONT MORE OFTEN AND THE SERVICE FROM MARK HOPPER<HTB AND LORING MILLER< IS THE BEST........MIKE

I used to run one till it was sold to GTR. Now picking up one from Rod "big daddy" G for a steal of a price. They sure do handle well when setup correctly.

Hey Mike, you running your boats in the streets today? Evansville had a spot on the weather channel few minutes ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they still make boats? What do You guys know about them?
HEY HEY , DONT BELEIVE EVERY THING U READ , YES YES I HAVE THE MOLDS HERE NOW , I EVEN HAVE ONE THAT NO ONE HAS SEEN YET , IT IS A LITTLE LARGER THAN THE OL 45 WE are now trying too find some one that will do the lay up for us it should be the ULTIMATE 67 BOAT . OR A VERY FAST 45

The Aerotech SR-40 was a good boat for windy conditions in it's day and was the advantage we were looking for while racing against Tommy Lee and his XT-460. The first one was raced at the Atlanta Spring Nationals in 1986. It was a "low air hull" meaning that the tunnel pressure was minimal for it's size and weight and in order to fly the hull correctly, you had to be able to build a fairly hot modified engine.

The Aerotech was in it's element in rough conditions but on a calm day, you would be in trouble if someone showed up with a high air hull like the Savage or Hornet trimmed right. But, if the Hornet or Savage gets in a lot of wind the Aerotech has the upper hand as far as being able to finish.

Tommy Lee and his XT-460 was what got us working on trying to build a better boat.

He was a great racer.

-Carl,

hey carl,how many hull changes were made on the aerotech hulls

and what were the model #s or versions?

norm

Ya, I have one that I bought new in the late 80's early 90's I think! Are the new ones going to have closed cockpits? When I bought It I lived in So. Cal.

We modified a few Aerotech hulls and learned that the design was marginal in good race conditions when raced against boats that ran cleaner and lighter on the water. In its element (rough conditions) it has an advantage.

-Carl,

We modified a few Aerotech hulls and learned that the design was marginal in good race conditions when raced against boats that ran cleaner and lighter on the water. In its element (rough conditions) it has an advantage.

-Carl,
HEY CARL U ARE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT , THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE BEEN ON THE SHELF FOR ALL THESES YRS THATS WAY BACK , MY WORD HOW TIME FLYS WHEN U ARE HAVING FUN , HE HE .. REMMEMBERATLANTA IN 86 ??, I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE OL BOAT FLYING . IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT . WE ENDED UP PUTING ALMOST A FUL 1.5 LBS OF LEAD IN THE NOSE OF THAT BOAT , TRYING TOO KEEP IT ON THE WATER , WE FINNALLY FIGUERD OUT THE PROB, ? TO MUCH HP .

Latest posts

Back