Aerotech Setup Suggestions?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

Hello, does anyone have any info for an Aerotech? Prop height, balance point, etc. Thanks.

Hello, does anyone have any info for an Aerotech? Prop height, balance point, etc. Thanks.
The Clark boys (Evansville) had some really fast Aerotechs back in the day. So did the Maglingers. I know they also ran some Tri Starr hulls,sorta the same type of boat. Maybe Mikey Schindler can help out finding that info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

On my Aerotech 40 tunnel I ran mine with the bottom of the prop shaft housing even with the bottom of the sponsons. I ran the same engine/lower unit combo that you have in your signature. I don't have any other info for you as I haven't run the boat in years. It's just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

David

Don,

Looking at my old Aerotech, CG mark was at 9 inches from rear, with prop shaft 1/8 inch above bottom of sponsons. I ran the CMB setup also, and had a big chunk of weight in front of tank, behind box, and setup sheet showed no negative in motor trim. Gives you a start point.

Randy

Don,

Looking at my old Aerotech, CG mark was at 9 inches from rear, with prop shaft 1/8 inch above bottom of sponsons. I ran the CMB setup also, and had a big chunk of weight in front of tank, behind box, and setup sheet showed no negative in motor trim. Gives you a start point.

Randy
i had good luck racing my aerotech using a 2" 707 ob motor mount...448 prop...k/b ob...irwin pipe...bottom of prop shaft even with sponson bottom...60% nitro...motor tilted slightly to the left ...enough lead in the nose to keep the boat level wide open...the best rough water tunnel i own and i have all the most popular 40 tunnels...bob miller

What are the suggestions for steering servo setup? Used to own one in the past with double 1/4 scale setup. Wondering if a single 3302 would be ok.

What are the suggestions for steering servo setup? Used to own one in the past with double 1/4 scale setup. Wondering if a single 3302 would be ok.
i used a single quarter scale servo with a six volt power pack...boat turned just fine...bob miller

That is the way mine was setup. Two 1/4 scale servos at 6 volts. Never had a problem with the steering. I am wondering how 2 Hitec 5645's would work. The specs look good on those servos. 164.2 oz-in each at 6 volts. And they are smaller than a quarter scale servo. In fact, I am installing one in my Whiplash GV I am building.

David

Latest posts

Back