Aeromarine Shadow Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

I was able to get an Aeromarine Shadow in a trade for an older welder that I didn't need (I still have 4). The welder was only worth about $250, so I thought it was a good deal. It has a black head Picco also. The guy never painted it & hardly ran it. I would change a lot of things about it.

I was wondering if it is worth putting a lot of time into, or if I should just get a different hull.

I was able to get an Aeromarine Shadow in a trade for an older welder that I didn't need (I still have 4). The welder was only worth about $250, so I thought it was a good deal. It has a black head Picco also. The guy never painted it & hardly ran it. I would change a lot of things about it.
I was wondering if it is worth putting a lot of time into, or if I should just get a different hull.
Throw her in the water and see what she will do. I have no first hand experience with Picco motors, but I believe the black head 45 was one of the better ones.

hey don, the motor is a preety good piece and as far as the hull, i ran against a lot of them years ago in the north eastern part of the country and they were preety

fast and turned fairly well. have a bunch of friends who won a bunch of races with them. good luck,mike.

hey don, the motor is a preety good piece and as far as the hull, i ran against a lot of them years ago in the north eastern part of the country and they were preety

fast and turned fairly well. have a bunch of friends who won a bunch of races with them. good luck,mike.
Thanks for the info guys. I think I will get it running & check it out some before I put a lot of time into painting it.

The Picco blackhead, if it has the right crank, You should be able to get parts from Mike Hallam as soon as he gets his shipment in. That motor will rock with the best 45s out there. The hull, although a fair runner, will not turn with the hulls of Today, Just too narrow. My two cents. Ken

Back