Aeromarine Mean Machine 18

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

Hello,

Has anyone heard if the new Aeromarine Mean Machine 18 is shipping yet? I e-mailed them about it, but have gotten no response. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Larry

I haven't heard anything yet. All that I've seen of it is in thier catalog, and at Toledo. Someone else e-mailed them and they said that the prototype was clocked at 32 MPH. It ought to be a great seller, the hull and hardware is the best that you'll see from any under .21 RTR boat made!

View attachment 3197

$379.00 pretty much ready to go. They do have an optional start-up kit that looks like it's worth the money. It's on the main page of their site: http://aeromarinerc.com/

It sounds like a lot of money for an .18 powered Cat but you are getting quality with this boat. No disappointments on this one.

Hi Guys

These look very much like their old Jesse James/Agitator 21 size cats with a new style cockpit cowling. Modern 18s shoyuld be about the same as older 21s in performance. Now put a nice warm 21 in there and you should nudge 50 without much trouble. ;)

Hey Guys,

Just got mine yesterday. Bare hull only, it's really nice looking. Bare weight is 2 pounds 2 ounce, should be a screamer when I'm finished with it. Dims: 29 1/4" long, 11" beam, 5 3/4" tunnel width, 3/4" tunnel depth.

Paul.

Right Gary, these hulls are the same size as their .21/.45 Cat hulls so it won't be long before someone does drop a hotter motor in them. It'll just need some upgrade work, engine rails and driveline to handle the power.

Ron,

glad you put up that info, cool answer to the plastic rtr 1/12 scale Ms. Bud boat. I like the price, what type of .18 engine is that their selling? The K&B?

GTR,

for this price I can sell your Ms. Fruit Bowl Cat and you can get one of these!... :lol: :lol: Definitely a little more masculine... :lol: :lol:

Rodney

I like the old style cowls. The new style looks ok but the older one is more my taste. I can always get over the fabulous (said in a queer eye voice) paint job. :lol:

I have a nice little OS 21 to throw at it - just a little fun boat.

I think these Mean Machines make a really good (better) option than the pro-boat hydros. Probably faster also. The engines a little OPS I think.

Remy used a CEN Racing/Kyosho .18 in the prototype. This one has been called both an Aeromarine and OPS .18 .

Paul Pachmayer said:
Hey Guys,
Just got mine yesterday.  Bare hull only, it's really nice looking.  Bare weight is 2 pounds 2 ounce, should be a screamer when I'm finished with it.  Dims: 29 1/4" long, 11" beam, 5 3/4" tunnel width, 3/4" tunnel depth.

Paul.

64136[/snapback]

What's the difference between the green machine hull and the extra-light layout 29" sprint cat that they make for electric power? The reason I ask is because I have converted my electric 21/45 sprint cat to also use a pull start .15 nitro engine.

I'm still trying to get mine to run consitently. Last time I fired it up it had a cut S215 mated to a Traxxas 2.5 and a MACS pipe and it flipped at the end of the straight-a-way. It was purposing (CG to far back) on me so I need to relocate the fuel tank and the radio box to the front of the boat to get it dialed. Not a speed demon -but it sure looked darn good out on the water.

Let me know what your setup ends up looking like.

Thanks

I'm wondering why Remy went with the .18 in the first place. The hull is the same size as his other .21/.45 hulls. Did he go for the low Dollar pull start convenience? Should he have made the hull smaller?

Latest posts

Back