AC Lazer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Does anyone run an ac lazer 40 ?? I am planning to get one and put in a cmb 67.. Any info would be great.....

Does anyone run an ac lazer 40 ?? I am planning to get one and put in a cmb 67.. Any info would be great.....
Yes It is very good stable smooth or rough water. If you change switch CMB67 to 80 great I have to sell my 6 props package $70.00 shipped ( worth $140.00)save money $70.00 off Are you interesting ? Do you know my good friend" Bill G" ? let me know cheers Allan ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will be a liitle underpowered with a .67 Engine. Like Allan said go up a size and you have a very stong runner. FYI The Lazer 40 does not say it is for 40 size engines: it's the lenght of the boat.

I think it will be a liitle underpowered with a .67 Engine. Like Allan said go up a size and you have a very stong runner. FYI The Lazer 40 does not say it is for 40 size engines: it's the lenght of the boat.
Just the opposite, some time ago I ran the Lazer 40 with a MAC 67. It was quite a handful! Way overpowered for that size hull.

Its really works good with a .45 size engine..

Brian

Rocket City Racing

I do race with Bill G. Allan and its his lazer I am planning to get... I want to set it up with a cmb 67... Not too sure with monos as I like running hydros... Hey Brian im hoping the combination will work.. and thanx for the info guys.. I will get back to you allan about the props...

The lazer 40 is one of the best all around mono hulls built. Races competive with .45 67. or 80 engine. Easy to set up the hardware (not super senstive on hardware set up) & is a Good sport boat too. If you are not racing. Many boaters ran the gas engine in the lazer 40 But Lazer later came out wth the Lazer-45 hull for the gas classes. I built one of the 1st Lazer 40 hulls into a Picco 45 boat would run easily into the 60 mph range with a Mac`s 3.5 pipe @ 11 3/4 & a 452/3 prop. That same boat currently lives in St.Louis MO & is raced ocassionally. very stable & fast boat. Tiny little & sharp strakes is where it gets its speed from. :)

Hi Joe .. and thats what Im hoping to do is be competitive... I just wanted to try someithing different mono other than a seaducer... and this one will be racing against them.. :)

Hi Joe .. and thats what Im hoping to do is be competitive... I just wanted to try someithing different mono other than a seaducer... and this one will be racing against them.. :)
the LAZER 40 is a Fun boat to sport boat with too... High free board sides that run loose & is a blast to run. Set the strut about 1/8 off the bottom of the boat & do the final trimming with the trim plates. Seaducers win the race in the Corners...Most all of the other boats are running the same MPH down the stretch. The Seaducer 44 is one of the best boat hulls they have ever built. it surpasses the 60-80 by far. If you haven`t experienced it? IT IS the F mono hull to Beat!!! it takes alot of MPH & HP to overpower that paticular hull. I would say the 44 seaducer is good up to the 70 mph range. then it gets a little wild!! Seaducers are built for Oval times & All Out Racing.... That is what they DO BEST!!!

Hi Joe .. and thats what Im hoping to do is be competitive... I just wanted to try someithing different mono other than a seaducer... and this one will be racing against them..
smile.gif
the LAZER 40 is a Fun boat to sport boat with too... High free board sides that run loose & is a blast to run. Set the strut about 1/8 off the bottom of the boat & do the final trimming with the trim plates. Seaducers win the race in the Corners...Most all of the other boats are running the same MPH down the stretch. The Seaducer 44 is one of the best boat hulls they have ever built. it surpasses the 60-80 by far. If you haven`t experienced it? IT IS the F mono hull to Beat!!! it takes alot of MPH & HP to overpower that paticular hull. I would say the 44 seaducer is good up to the 70 mph range. then it gets a little wild!! Seaducers are built for Oval times & All Out Racing.... That is what they DO BEST!!!
Joe,

The 44" Seaducer is a hull size I haven't run yet, but puttin one together for the 2010 season with a 101rs. Any thoughts on pipe and

prop for this set-up?

Hi Joe .. and thats what Im hoping to do is be competitive... I just wanted to try someithing different mono other than a seaducer... and this one will be racing against them..
smile.gif
Joe,

The 44" Seaducer is a hull size I haven't run yet, but puttin one together for the 2010 season with a 101rs. Any thoughts on pipe and

prop for this set-up?
well others may tell you different?( 13cc) But the Mac`s 15cc open nitro pipe is the best. X467 is the prop. approx 1.0 cc head button. Will allow 60 percent fuel to be used.

How do you think this boat would run with a .82 outboard? I am having a custom AC Razor made this winter & I will be putting this engine on it. I wanted a Lazer 40 as it was a little shorter boat, but was told by Andy at AC that the Razor was better because the Lazer has more of a rocker in the bottom compared to the Razor and therefor less wetted area. Not trying to second guess anyone, just asking a question.

Tim

i use to run a lazer 40 with a zenoah gas motor inside .. even than it was running high and dry , but stable .. speed was well over 64 mph . and could run with small chop without problems .. in bigger waves the razor and lazer 45 perform real good !

Jeroen

here is pics of lazer 40
DSC00655.jpg

Thats what I have been wanting to do with my CMB 90 and a Lazer 45-

Like hulls/ better power :rolleyes:

Would make a killer boat to run Open Mono with-

Looks sweet Juice B)

BUT **** $$$$$$$ they are proud of em :eek:

Andy

Looks very sharp! I ended up changing my order from a Razor 45 to a Lazer 40. It will have a 3-color metal flake fade. Can't wait!

Looks very sharp! I ended up changing my order from a Razor 45 to a Lazer 40. It will have a 3-color metal flake fade. Can't wait!
Keep us posted
It will have a K&B .82 outboard on it. The boat will have red/orange/yellow in it & I'm hoping to get a Merc 2.5 engine cover for it. Defiantly going with the Mercury Racing theme. I've already powder coated the lower unit & trim tabs gloss black. It should move decent enough, but I really want to go for the scale look.

(not my boat in the pic, pulled from the AC Boats website)

i had my ac laser out, was running good. i was gonna get rid of this boat, but i changed the motor out and bought a motor from bob the boat builder that i had forgot about. i put it in, and it woke the boat right up .

bye todd.

Back