ABC prop chart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mark, i sharpened and balanced the in the bag abc props you sent for my scale and they worked fantastic, boat found another gear
default_smile.png

thanx so much,

Len

Len,

Was that one of the newer blades from ABC in the last two years?

Let Me Know Len things have changed in the propeller business recently.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

The new props will work out of the bag. But if thy work like that than you are missing the potential of the new design.

Reducing the trailing edge cup allows you to load the eng with more blade pitch.

So if you can run a stock blade go to the next ratio and see what you have. If the eng will not rev then reduce the trailing edge cup.

You may be surprised how much more you can pull as in ratio by reducing the ramp on the trailing edge.

Thy are easy to rework just take a file or a stone and remove some of the ramp.

No need for pliers or pitch gauge just a file.

The only down side is you can not replace what you remove so go slow and take your time removing it.

David,

Without a pitch gauge you don't know what you have on the boat?

You have some work coming your way tomorrow, so I hope your

Stones and Files are handy?

Enjoy Testing The Mono Again,

Mark Sholund

Len,

Was that one of the newer blades from ABC in the last two years?

Let Me Know Len things have changed in the propeller business recently.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
you're right Mark, they were the newer 2200 and 2300 series from awhile back, sorry for the confusion

they do have crazy cup/steep ramp on the trailing edge as well, but I was very happy with the increase in top end

in the end, i was very happy with your prop suggestions....

talk soon,

Len

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares what it is as long as it works..........................

Will be a few till I start testing .

Heading to the Sierra Nevada Mountains to chase the golden trout next weekend.

Going to get one of those pesky little #@&^$ this time.............
default_dry.png

I posted that link from my phone, here is an attachment you guys should be able to download for reference. To my knowledge this is the most updated chart Jim has posted.

Later

PropChart2016.pdf

Attachments

• PropChart2016.pdf
    511.8 KB · Views: 226
They work just fine SB Kris... Jim really has "changed the game" with these additions to the ABC line.. the possibilities are almost infinite... and theyre very interesting... intensively having the new chart ( jim may email it to you), is almost a must as it takes a fair amount of time to calculate the numbers possibly according to your late propellors and make decisions from there... they are there and a little homework off the charts will show you the way... good luck and work em up.... mike
The new props will work out of the bag. But if thy work like that than you are missing the potential of the new design.

Reducing the trailing edge cup allows you to load the eng with more blade pitch.

So if you can run a stock blade go to the next ratio and see what you have. If the eng will not rev then reduce the trailing edge cup.

You may be surprised how much more you can pull as in ratio by reducing the ramp on the trailing edge.

Thy are easy to rework just take a file or a stone and remove some of the ramp.

No need for pliers or pitch gauge just a file.

The only down side is you can not replace what you remove so go slow and take your time removing it.
Who cares what it is as long as it works..........................

Will be a few till I start testing .

Heading to the Sierra Nevada Mountains to chase the golden trout next weekend.

Going to get one of those pesky little #@&^$ this time.............
default_dry.png
Thanks gents...I knew they would work fine, I suspected the trailing edge still needed a minor touch up. I guess that is too hard for us mere minions to do?

BTW, you are SPOT ON with you comment I highlighted above...people worry too much about numbers...just tune the things until you boat likes them. Then you might throw on a pitch gauge to check the numbers just in case you want a spare one.

Cheers

Kris

Kris,

If you are running an electric tunnel an ABC 1515-17-45% just sharpened and balanced will

be fairly easy. On the other hand if you are going to be tuning a nitro powered tunnel it will be

quite another story. You better bring the Minions with you.

I hope they are pretty strong with the prop pliers to bend out the 1 or 2 degrees it will take to reduce the extra cup in

the 30 degree trailing edge. After eyeing these minor touch ups you should be running quite well. If you can, take

a video of all this as Disney could use some new material for another movie.

Just Having A Little Fun With You,

Mark Sholund

Kris,

If you are running an electric tunnel an ABC 1515-17-45% just sharpened and balanced will

be fairly easy. On the other hand if you are going to be tuning a nitro powered tunnel it will be

quite another story. You better bring the Minions with you.

I hope they are pretty strong with the prop pliers to bend out the 1 or 2 degrees it will take to reduce the extra cup in

the 30 degree trailing edge. After eyeing these minor touch ups you should be running quite well. If you can, take

a video of all this as Disney could use some new material for another movie.

Just Having A Little Fun With You,

Mark Sholund
I am glad you showed a little humor there Mark...maybe even some sarcasm could be read in there...o wait, you guys don't know what that is do you
default_smile.png

I look forward to the day I get my ass handed to me because it was one of your props (and no other reason)...I shall then sack all my minions.

Cheers

Kris

Mark

Got the 2015 looks perfect.

Blade area is on the money.

Now if I could get it 3 Blade............
default_wub.png

When I get all the New Molds made and up in production

We have a lot of work left

So many new props coming your way soon

Jim,

Doing a Great Job with the propellers.

Hope the Birthday was fun?

Thanks For All You Do For Us Model Boaters,

Mark Sholund

Jim

Love the new props.......................Nice to have different pitch ratios in the same blade design and diameter.

Latest posts

Back