A New Twin is Born

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a question or two

Why the over lay on the honeycomb and where the fuel tanks going?
Thomas, I use a composite that is layed up in sheets and then cut the parts out and build with them just like if it were a piece of wood. This is the first boat I have built with the honeycomb. It is nice and light and strong, but since the core is not solid like the carbon/foam/carbon stuff I normally use I am having other issues to deal with. Since the water will pass right through the sides (between the weave of the carbon) I am having to make sure both the insides and outsides of the tub are completely sealed (any water trapped in the sides adds weight and could just run right into the radio box). This is requiring a little more epoxy to help seal the weave and will take another coat of paint to make sure it is sealed.

Glenn

I fill the edge after cutting the sides with bass .25/.25 or 3/16 depending on thickness. its not hard cutting the core out around the sides.

Here are a few more pictures of the recent progress. As you see it pictured here with the motors, pipes, hardware, radio and all of the epoxying done, it weights 2 lb 13 oz. Looks like the finished weight will be around 3 1/4lbs. I had always planned my twin .12 to have the forward facing pipes so they can be cowled in and keep the boat swoopy looking (yeah the pipes work just like the regular ones).

Glenn

Glen

That is way cool. Made me pick up two new matching Rossi .12's on Ebay to build one. Could not resist for $136 for the pair shiped.

What pipes are those and where can I get them?

Also will the Nova Rossi water cooled heads fit a Rossi?

David

Here are a few more pictures of the recent progress. As you see it pictured here with the motors, pipes, hardware, radio and all of the epoxying done, it weights 2 lb 13 oz. Looks like the finished weight will be around 3 1/4lbs. I had always planned my twin .12 to have the forward facing pipes so they can be cowled in and keep the boat swoopy looking (yeah the pipes work just like the regular ones).

Glenn

Glen

That is way cool. Made me pick up two new matching Rossi .12's on Ebay to build one. Could not resist for $136 for the pair shiped.

David
Water cooled heads/ can be had on ebay if not. Fit most .12, guy has flywheels also don't knoy if there tapered though.

Glenn

Glen

David
David, that is a good deal on the motors! They should run fine...may want to bump the timing up a bit.

The pipes are the same as my Texan .12 pipes except with the stinger coming out the side and the cones arranged to be flat on the bottom instead of centered (so it tucks down a little lower in the front).

Yes I think the Nova head/head button fits the Rossi.

Hurry up and build your boat!

Glenn

Glenn

Glen

David
David, that is a good deal on the motors! They should run fine...may want to bump the timing up a bit.

The pipes are the same as my Texan .12 pipes except with the stinger coming out the side and the cones arranged to be flat on the bottom instead of centered (so it tucks down a little lower in the front).

Glenn
Ya I could not help my self after seeing your boat. Can hear them screaming already:blink:

You got some pipes you want to sell. Going to need them to lay the boat out. :rolleyes:

When I get the engines in hand will check the numbers and get with you for some cooling heads.

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn

Glen

David

Glenn
Ya I could not help my self after seeing your boat. Can hear them screaming already:blink:

You got some pipes you want to sell. Going to need them to lay the boat out. :rolleyes:

When I get the engines in hand will check the numbers and get with you for some cooling heads.

David
David, not sure when I'm going to get more pipes built. I can send you the dim's if you need them to get your boat started.

Glenn

Glenn

Glen

David

Glenn

David
David, not sure when I'm going to get more pipes built. I can send you the dim's if you need them to get your boat started.

Glenn

Glen

Not sure how soon the project will get started. You know what I mean. Kinda like when you will get to the pipes . Just let me know when you get to making them again. I will take two please. :D

David

Back