8-32 90 Degree Water Fitting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel I have looked into that and there is not sufficient wall thickness to drill and tap to 10-32. Sure wish there was, that would give me lots more options.

Got me thinking though, if the ID of the fitting would allow it, maybe I could start with a 10-32, reduce the OD to the correct size and run an 8-32 Die over it. Threads are the same pitch .........
Glenn,

That might possibly work for you but most of your dies have a pretty good in feed taper and just not sure how far it will get up the short end you have to thread it on. Maybe since brass is so soft it would cut the thread if you went really slow from the back side of the die once you got it started. The brass as soft as it is and being hollow already I am afraid you might wrench the piece off though.

My idea would be cut the 10/32 off and get some 8/32 internal threads in it then drill out a 8/32 bolt with bit through the center( that might take the lathe or a few tries with drill press) thread it in leaving what you need sticking out to make your 8-32 stub of threads to screw in the engine.

Yeah that makes sense and something I can do. Thanks for the ideas. Brass fitting with a stainless bolt should work - maybe some red loctite on the fitting side.

Thanks again

Glenn,

Not really sure how much meat you will have when the 10/32 has been cut off or if the tap will bottom out before you get enough threads in the body. You might need to buy a bottoming tap or onec you get a thread or two started you can trim the long taper off the end of the tap and finish up a few more threads. I would thread it as far as you can get threads even if that means drilling the sidewall through the outlet of the fitting. One other idea is to just drill a hole in it a bit bigger than it has in it the machine the threads off 1/8" of the 8/32 till it fits in and solder it into the brass body.

Glenn,

How big of I.D. Are you looking for?

You need this in an 8/32 thread? Correct?

I will check and see what I have? We had some custom ones made

a few years back.

I have some Paris 90 aluminum pipe fittings that are male thread. Not sure if they are 8-32 or 10-32. I'll check when I get home tonight. As I recall, I bought up all of their inventory a few years back. I'm thinking that they may be 8-32.

Jon

I guess it depends on how overcool you want to motor to be......
default_rolleyes.gif

Jon it's going into a thin rudder blade. Thanks for checking on the aluminum fittings.

William, yes the I.D. is .060 - here is Brian's email to me: The picture is above with the curved barb.

Glenn,
I make a small bore 8-32 water fitting. The bore is .060. They are really only good for .12 and .21 boats. See pic. I don't know if it would work for you or not. $8.50 each ($40.00 for 5) shipping is $5.05.

Brian

Thanks

Glenn

Maybe .060 ID is enough water? I may be over cooling the motor. I think that's a whole different thread though, and I remember reading that there are different opinions on where the restriction should be - inlet or outlet, etc. I don't want to hijack my own thread here. If I could get a fitting with an ID of. 080 - .090 then I can restrict it later if I want.

Glenn,

I checked my stock and they are 10/32.

I think you would be happy at .060" on a 45.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back