50 weirdest city names in states of USA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is good David, I was born in Lancaster, PA. The PA Dutch were -well different. I have been to Intercourse PA- and that was just down the pike from Blue Ball and Bird in hand. These people would take care of their own and never ask for a handout(like 50% of the folks in CA today). As far as I'm concerned these people have earned the right to call a town whatever they F***** like.

Yes thy do. My mom grew up in Orwigsburg her madden name was Kriner.

Grand pa Kriner spoke Duchie but I never learned it.

No hand out just people helping each other.

Still that way today all the coal crackers help each other out.

Kind a funny you can put F#$king on a sigh and have a town named F#$king but you can't post it on the web.

What is are world coming to.

DAM ENGLISH F*&Ked every thing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
david & glenn, my mom's family is pennsylvania dutch. wilkes-barre/scranton area. my grandmother would use f##k as a term of endearment towards my mom & uncle & us grandkids. drove my mom crazy, ' cuz she married an ENGLISHMAN!!!! cold weather/penn. dutch cooking=yeah buddy
default_wink.png
!

My grand moms family had a farm on the fist ridge of the appellations and would butcher every fall. Pop that hog in the head with the 22 and drag it to the tripod with the tractor.

Was a family thing every fall. proceed to dispatch the beast and every thing left over would go in a large iron kettle on a open fire, you could take a bath in it.

Add a little sage and pepper cook all day them throw in the corn meal.

Now that's cooking scrapple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burnt Corn, Alabama.

Unalaska, Alaska.

Tuba City, Arizona.

Bald Knob, Arkansas.

Zzyzx, California.

Hygiene, Colorado.

Killingly, Connecticut.

Slaughter Beach, Delaware.

Christmas, Florida.

Santa Claus, Georgia.

Nonopapa, Hawaii.

Magic City, Idaho.

Disco, Illinois.

French Lick, Indiana.

Little Turkey, Iowa

Braintree, Massachusetts

Hell, Michigan

Fertile, Minnesota

Gas, Kansas

Paint Lick, Kentucky

Waterproof, Louisiana

Bald Head, Main

Accident,Maryland

Flasher, North Dakota

Fleatown, Ohio

Okay, Oklahoma

Bloody Springs, Mississippi

Licking, Missouri

Square Butt, Montana

Gross, Nebraska

Searchlight, Nevada

Sandwich, New Hampshire

Loveladies, New Jersey

Truth or Consequences,NewMexico

Busti, New York

Meat Camp, North Carolina

Fingerville, South Carolina

Little Compton, Rhode Island

Elmo, Utah

Chugwater,Wyoming

Romance, West Virginia

Humptulips, Washington

Threeway, Virginia

Tinmouth, Vermont

Ding Dong, Texas

Yum Yum, Tennessee

Boring, Oregon

Intercourse, Pennsylvania

Oral, South Dakota
Missed 2 0f my favorites, What Cheer, Iowa and Fruitland, Iowa

dick

David, I never knew what scrapple was made out of till I just locked it up in a old PA Dutch cookbook
default_biggrin.png

Robin- have to agree about the cooking. Beside two PA Dutch cookbooks , still have all of my Mothers and grandmothers old favorites written down as well and partake in these old favorites often. Mom's side of the family was German. My Ex's family was German also and I picked up some very good tips on cooking wild game from them.

A couple old PA Dutch sayings,

1.Kissing don't last- cooking do

2. He (or she) don't know the difference between shi* and apple butter

Glen the best way is to just use the head. whack it between the eyes with a axe and put in the pot with some sprigs of sage. when done cooking all day. pull it out and hand pick all the meat and stuff. Chop it real fine then put it all back in. Season to taste then add the corn meal. Pore it in a loaf pan to set up in the spring house as there was no electric in the farm house ever just in the barn.

Cook with home made lard till crisps as a chip.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

now that we have some cities.........whats the strangest streets you have seen?

here in WA i have seen one....Chuckanut Drive

David, Sounds very much like one of the three recipes in my oldest PA Dutch cook book(published 1960) right down to the sage seasoning, It is also called Ponhaws in the book but I've always heard it called scrapple.

Another old recipe I found was homemade apple dumplings, Have not had any of those for years so may give that a try next. My mother just clicked over her 94th birthday last week. Her short term memory is about shot and I do not trust her to do much cooking anymore so I'll make some of our old favorites and take them to her place.

Sorry If I've gotten off track with the PA Dutch cooking
default_ph34r.png
. I'll try to keep a low profile for a while.

now that we have some cities.........whats the strangest streets you have seen?

here in WA i have seen one....Chuckanut Drive
I rode by one yesterday in my travels and that was the first thing that popped into my head-

for the life of me I cant remember the name tho
default_rolleyes.gif

Back