50 plus crowd

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

Seeing how I turned 50 in january, I have been getting all kinds of AARP crap in the mail. What do you guys think?? join--- not join

Is it worth anything to join? Its going to cost a couple of beers to join and a mail box full of crap (junk) mail.

politics aside, if you travel or eat out at all, the cost of the membership will pay for itself in a weekend trip. doesn't take long for their discounts on motels/hotels & eating establishments to add up to the $16 membership fee.

I am not an AARP member; I didn’t see any reason to join. You can still get the Senior Citizen’s discount a most places if you ask. It brings back old memories when you order off the senior menu and get carded. Between being a member of AAA, a Senior Citizen, and being a Vietnam Vet I can almost always get some kind of discount. Keep the cards the AARP send you they make good epoxy spreaders.

DonB

Check out the car and homeowners insurance prices from Hartford(AARP) very good deal for me.

Also the motel rates are cheaper, now most motels are asking to see the AARP card.

AMAC if you your political views lean to the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back