48inch assault mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinfipps

Having problems with turning left for open offshore racing at full speed it will not turn left at all until it slows down and when it does turn it spins out boat turns great when turning right when the boat is at half throttle it will turn right and left pretty good I have a 156 oz hitec servo in it now any help would be appreciated thanks

A couple things come to mind reading your message. Full throttle and left rudder are usually a bad combination but you should be able to correct left at that speed. If the boat isn't turning at all left at that speed it's most likely because your servo doesn't have enough torque. 150 oz-in seems pretty good for most stuff but not a gas boat. It takes less torque to turn right because the prop is helping you go right. It's fighting you going left. The reason it spins out when you slow down is because by the time it can finally turn the rudder, it goes full throw, and bang your turned around.

I use a Savox SA1256TG servo for all of my gas stuff (there are others out there that are probably more powerful now but this one works for me). It has 223 oz-in at 4.8 volts and 278 oz-in at 6 volts.

I was thinking about the turn fin on the left also, but in this case I think its a servo issue.

Hope this helps,
Brian

I had this happen with my tunnel a while back too with a servo that had about the same torque. I thought the hull needed to be "set" in the corner before I could turn at higher speeds. I'd keep my finger in it, turn the wheel, and it would just go straight. New servo and all of that went away.

300oz -500oz servo will steer with authority !
Ensure the steering rod is of good strength !
When in a turn the force on the steering rod will make it flex and the rudder won't hold a firm hold during turn.

Also our boats don't turn left well anyway due to prop rotation.

3mm SS rods work if you have time to make up. .
Go on jims site and look up Daniel he will make you some 3mm rods ..

Back