3D Printed 1/8 and 1/6 Scale Merlin Exhaust Stacks and Intakes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABS or PLA?

All the parts I've done for this have been made from PLA. I've settled on Polymaker Pro series PLA. Prints nice and seems to hold up well.

One of my printers is equipped with an enclosure and filter so I can run ABS if need be. But PLA is easier to work with in general.

Hello,

I need a set of 1/6 scale merlin exhaust stacks. Could you PM me and I'll get you PayPal and shipping info.

Thanks, Ken

After making some 3D printed 1/8 and 1/6 Scale Merlin exhaust stacks and intakes for ourselves and a few other local club members, I thought I would offer them to others who may want to try them. The parts are printed using PLA with the exhaust stacks being black and the intakes in silver. The black PLA doesn't show up well in the pictures so a set of exhaust stacks was printed in silver so you could better see the part detail.

Some of the features for the exhaust stacks include a rib along the back of the part for strength, rivets for each exhaust tube, and blocks off the main rail so the parts can easily be set back in the cowl to give a more scale look. The intakes are printed with a mounting rail and are open to allow air to the engine.

I have 1 set of 1/6 Scale Allison turbo exhaust setup but more can be made in either side if requested.. Sizing of the parts can be seen in the pictures.

Merlin exhaust stacks: $20 a set
Merlin intakes: $12.50 each
Allison turbo stacks: $20 a set
Allison intakes: $12.50 each
Shipping: Flat rate USPS small box $10.50

If you have any questions just let me know.
Thanks,
Chris
Are these still available I would like a few sets if they are 1ea Allison and Merlin
Thank you

Yes, They are available. What size (1/8 or 1/6) are you looking for? Here are a couple of pictures of boats using the parts. The Lincoln Thrift is 1/6 scale and the Miss US is 1/8 scale. I chose to mount the 3d parts on the outside of the cowls but if you make cutouts in the cowls, they can be mounted from the inside as well.
Chris

Attachments

• LT 2024.jpg
    LT 2024.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MissUS 2024.jpg
    MissUS 2024.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes, They are available. What size (1/8 or 1/6) are you looking for? Here are a couple of pictures of boats using the parts. The Lincoln Thrift is 1/6 scale and the Miss US is 1/8 scale. I chose to mount the 3d parts on the outside of the cowls but if you make cutouts in the cowls, they can be mounted from the inside as well.
Chris
I would like 1/6 scale do you make seats also I’d like a seat too if you do thank you

Hi Cliff, We have 2 versions of the Alison stacks...one has the longer exhaust cone like the Miss US used. The other doesn't have the cone. Here are 2 intakes we've made up as well as the seat we have available. Just let me know if you have any questions. The Merlin stacks are in the picture as well.
Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• af86682c-da12-46fd-9f30-7aa05a51b858.jpg
    af86682c-da12-46fd-9f30-7aa05a51b858.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Cliff, We have 2 versions of the Alison stacks...one has the longer exhaust cone like the Miss US used. The other doesn't have the cone. Here are 2 intakes we've made up as well as the seat we have available. Just let me know if you have any questions. The Merlin stacks are in the picture as well.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris I’d like a seat , Merlin stacks , the Allison with longer cone and 1 of each intake 1/6 please , thanks

Back