37" mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Elson

Built this a couple of yrs ago,1st mono i built but decided to get it back out and redo the top deck

Im currently getting it ready to paint and use it as a plug for molding.

have a look see what you think

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

Need to think of a name for it LOL ?????????

Did you scratchbuild it? Thats a sleek looking hull. Looks like it will run good when you get it going."Name?" Find a cool guise to put on it. Id look at some of the offshore racing boats and find one that you like. Ive seen some really cool ones like; Anheiser Busch. Benihana sp? and others. Brands of The World.com will also give you some good ideas and templates to go on. Cant wait to see it done.

Cheers

Hugh

Hi hugh

it was 1 of those grab the wood,draw on it and build LOL,i built it in 3 days then a week to paint it etc

it did start different from this,ill dig some pics out,but decided to redo the top deck and hatch for more stream line looks.

ill have a butchers on the net and see if anything stands out

Rgds Daz

What kind of hardware and power plant do u plan to run? You got something there. Before you mold it have you checked its specs against the rule book on monos? The only reason I ask is if that boat runs well and you do it in fiberglass or cf it may very well sell, so if it complies they will be able to race it in sanctioned events. How did you decide where to put your strakes? and your V angle?

hardware is HOR with leopard 4074,2000kv ,seawing 180 esc and 5s.x440/3 prop

Too be honest never thought about racing due to lack of it here in the UK its pretty poor to be honest racing whether it be electric/nitor or gas theres not much of it.

currently looking at vacuum bagging so either fg,CF,CK,can even get the carbon fibre with colours (green,blue,red with black) or white or alu CF,got some samples on way so ill post a pic for those who havnt seen it.

Dont know where to look but if you can post a link for rules and compliances ill check against them and see.

I have run it before,got a vid somewhere on utube,but it was on 3s and 1900 scorpion 3026,this is when i 1st got into brushless and lipos so was sure what i was doing LOL,but it ran OK from what i can remember.

been busy all day sorting new project,and delivery will be here tomorrow,i might post some pics if i get a chance so bit behind on the builds,but need to get it sorted this week

Last edited by a moderator:
Daz, thats a SWEET! scratchbuilt mono B) Daz are you f1-MADNESS? YOU BUILD THOSE AWESOME SCRATCH BUILT TUNNELS.MAN YOU GOT SOME SKILLS. Did you ever perfect that outboard unit?

Last edited:
Hi hugh,yes i am LOL

thanks i do try

the outboard is still here in plastic form anyways,i should get it sorted 1 day

oh meant to of said thats running with no trim tabs,though i did have to add turn fins

Last edited by a moderator:
Back