#360 free machining brass for a head button?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the RR 101RS crew did not attend this race or The Fall Nats also..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats so sad but you guys said yall be there but oh well what were the times?And why didnt anyone post it here since there where so many defenders of it that just knew it would be the cure all - one that would show its azz at hobart? What happened? I just wanna know.Julian,you werent the only ones that were supposed to have run it where are the others??????

Told ya a race wouldnt be the best way to prove it. ready to strap it to a dyno yet :ph34r: ?

Last edited:
I said nothing about Joe W and my condolences to him. So lets leave that alone Im not speaking of Joe where are the others outside the crew that were supposed to run it?

Last edited:
Actually Hugh, there was allot of Brass at Hobart. The winners all had major BRASS BALLS!

Last edited by a moderator:
We were running brass. I had set up issues and dropped out after second round. Mark Bullard had brass. Even though he is my running partner, most at the event felt Mark had the fastest or at least one of the fastest twins at the event. The overall speeds in all of the nitro classes were incredibel. Winning the event is not a measure of the success of brass. Winning is a function of several factors.

Actually Hugh, there was allot of Brass at Hobart. The winners all had major BRASS BALLS!
Funny az heck. Lovely avatar too :wub:

Gary i wasnt the one that made the state ment that hobart would show what the brass was all about so that someone elses problem . If youd put it on the dyno all the speculation would be over. Seems like folks are scared come on where are those brass ballz! DID I NOT ASK YOU THAT IF THEY DIDNT DO WELL AT THE RACE COULD ONE SPECULATE THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY WOULD IF THEY WON? Doesnt what you said mean the same thing in reverse???? :huh: If they won likewise it couldnt be attributed to the brass but many other factors that may or may not be duplicated by others.

Using this system of proof how many chances do you get ? I guess untill you win -_- . Come on strap her in the dyno. its been done already but no one wants to accept the recorded facts. Ill just say this and be done until you put it in a dyno and prove it you can talk all that boat dyno stuff i wont buy it meaning not literally purchase it but buy the theory. For one that change by itself will yield nothing significant anyway. I hate to say it but one guy had it right when he said getting the heat off the crown through transfer port work would be way more beneficial to stopping detonation irreguardless and based on my readings of relevant tech notes HES RIGHT! I cant call his name when it comes to me ill edit my post.

The mans name was Jeff Lutz. I know you all thought I was talking about Jim lol nope wrong!

Last edited:
Hugh, I really have no desire to debate the issue, it really is not important to me. I like the way my 101's run with them and will contine to use them until I don't like the way they run with the brass head buttons. Again it takes more than brass head buttons to win an event like the Fall Nat at least in my limited experience of 35 yrs of racing in IMPBA.

Funny az heck. Lovely avatar too :wub:

Gary i wasnt the one that made the state ment that hobart would show what the brass was all about so that someone elses problem . If youd put it on the dyno all the speculation would be over. Seems like folks are scared come on where are those brass ballz! DID I NOT ASK YOU THAT IF THEY DIDNT DO WELL AT THE RACE COULD ONE SPECULATE THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY WOULD IF THEY WON? Doesnt what you said mean the same thing in reverse???? :huh: If they won likewise it couldnt be attributed to the brass but many other factors that may or may not be duplicated by others.

Using this system of proof how many chances do you get ? I guess untill you win -_- . Come on strap her in the dyno. its been done already but no one wants to accept the recorded facts. Ill just say this and be done until you put it in a dyno and prove it you can talk all that boat dyno stuff i wont buy it meaning not literally purchase it but buy the theory. For one that change by itself will yield nothing significant anyway. I hate to say it but one guy had it right when he said getting the heat off the crown through transfer port work would be way more beneficial to stopping detonation irreguardless and based on my readings of relevant tech notes HES RIGHT! I cant call his name when it comes to me ill edit my post.

The mans name was Jeff Lutz. I know you all thought I was talking about Jim lol nope wrong!
I have desided that you have no idea about these subjects that you post on. First it was the strobe balance and now the dyno's. And I know that you have no idea. You are bashing boaters that have years of doing this and have made there names in this hobby. So what have you done? So for myself and everyone on this site I think we should not respond to his person and hopes he will go away.

Mark I dont know if your trying to get nasty coz your boat didnt win but all one has to do is read a little to know things.

On second thought its not worth an argument . Im trying to find out if the brass did anything noteworthy at hobart I did not decide that the race was the test others did. Instead of trying to be nasty its easier for me to let chris or steve answer the question. They seem to have a lighter spirit of explaining their product without all that.

My strobe balance thread was one of questions whether it would work so I dont get the reference to that but its unimportant nonetheless.

Run the brass and be happy coz it just isnt that serious for me.

Last edited:
We ran some brass buttons at Hobart and the rest of the year and they worked great.

"We ran some brass buttons at Hobart and the rest of the year and they worked great. "

......... and with that statement this should end our tutorial about the good the bad and the ugly of free machining brass head button inserts !

I guess thats it but claims were made that times would fall significantly by just there use and no one has confirmed this yet. Did anywon that won at hobart run brass?

Did anyones last years times fall win or lose that used the brass this year? These are honest questions? Are there no honest answers? I guess not.

Last edited:
Back