3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff Kesso - finally mate!!!

Well done Dave, Louise and Kris at the SA titles.

It's all good!!!

Gino

Well Done Dave! Another victory for "the SPP team" in A O/B tunnel!

James,

Sorry I couldn't hang around to lend you a hand - I'd had several calls from "she who must be obeyed". See you in a couple of weeks at the interclub!

Other A O/B tunnel news.

Both Ian's (outlaw) TS2 and Gerrard's Lynx were absolutely hauling yesterday - there are some very fast Stock A O/B tunnels running around the Penrith pond now. It's amazing what a difference the right prop can make to an otherwise stock OS engine! These guys are rookies to racing but are having a ball with some great boats.

I tried my WOF / TT with stumble blocks for the first time yesterday - completely different animal. Had to pull 60 grams of lead out of the front! Broke a propshaft assembly before I could try some different props

but it never once looked like blowing over.

Now I gotta figure out why my Nemesis circulates ok at Carribean gardens and nosedives constantly in Adelaide...

Will be relocating the engine and adding a few little bits to try to solve the issues but any suggestions welcomed..

Oh and a broken needle didnt help...

EMS RACING - Look on the bright side... I made it there!!!!

Now I gotta figure out why my Nemesis circulates ok at Carribean gardens and nosedives constantly in Adelaide...

Will be relocating the engine and adding a few little bits to try to solve the issues but any suggestions welcomed..

Oh and a broken needle didnt help...

EMS RACING - Look on the bright side... I made it there!!!!

The differnece between the ponds: depth of the water, temperature of it, water substances, other style of waves.

Sounds maybe strange but it's possible that this can effect anything that goes over the water/slices throught it.

Ronald.

well done 2 all who raced in S.A sorry i couldnt be there how many ob's did they get up there

laters dion

Relocate the engine?? where u going to put it Craig??

In the middle of the hull?
Maybe relocate it to a different boat?????

Nah... just that the Nemesis is designed with a K&Boom lower unit and the lawless puts the prop too far out the back of the boat (or so I understand) and I am thinking that since I did not need to add weight to balance the boat that it may just be too light all up....

Funny thing about weight... it has momentum... So if there is weight in the nose it "might" stop it from diving so fast???? I may not be explaining this theory well... but I am thinking that the nose may be bobbing up and down too easily reacting to the water. with a little weight it may not be as prone to react so violently??

*scratching my head*

.... and I remember saying 'no more outboards' fifteen years ago coz of the frustration!!!

craig,

i feel you pain mate.........

my first boat was an A o\b back about 12 years ago,

when i got out off that class i swore, i would never get one

again.

and next year might just make a liar out off me......

craig,

i feel you pain mate.........

my first boat was an A o\b back about 12 years ago,

when i got out off that class i swore, i would never get one

again.

and next year might just make a liar out off me......
Well especially from my point of view where testing time is at a premium!!!!

If it wasnt for my slave driving boss..... hehehehe

Craig,

Propeller tip: The Nemesis likes a X-437/3.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

Started out with the x437/3 and could not get past buoy 4... tried a 2 blade prop and at least made it about a lap. Seemed to be marginally better with the 2 blade prop. But after I relocate a few things in the boat and make a couple of changes I will be going back to the 3 blade prop.

I also had a crazy idea to try the lawless 3.5 on my old Prather LapCat II... is this extremely crazy or just very crazy?

Craig,

Try a 1/8th Barr-cut on the T.E. of the X-437/3 they have a lot of cup stock,you may need to

flatten the blades a little bit. 3.46" to 3.75" seems to be working well here stateside.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. Can't believe how much things have changed in the oz tunnel scene - fantastic is the only word that fits. :D

Anyway I have almost completed the house renovations that have consumed the last two years of my life and can see the light at the end of the tunnel (pun intended). Here's hoping now the weather is good I can find some time to play boats again. I do have a lot of fiberglass commitments to get done so I'll be slow back but will be back. :p

Have a good one all and I'll catch you guys on a pond somewhere. :ph34r:

cheers

GT B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gary,

long time no see or hear. Good to see you've almost finished to house renovations. Yeah mate alot has changed in the Oz tunnel scene, and speaking for myself, I have actually acheived to go slower these days then when I very first started off !!!! :lol: :lol:

Take care mate and look forward to seeing you again

Gino

...all projects on hold.....

Well EMS Racing is on a GO-SLOW (some may say what has changed???) due to finally biting the bullet and getting serious about the workshop (or lack thereof) (or lack of space in existing one if you really want to split hairs...) and now have had to put most gear into storage while the current garage is demolished and the new improved and much bigger (I wonder if the council will mind???) workshop...

I think about 30 square metres extra should do the trick...

So anyone in melbourne have contacts in concrete??? Slab required in the next few weeks... Yes this means that half the current garage has been demolished...

(No not a slab of beer..... although Jim Beam Black cans will be accepted...)

EMS Racing - sick of not being able to find stuff unless I am not looking for it

Back