3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA yes we do know about reliability!

Dont you worry, i was actually impressed at how fast it was going for a stock! Well compared to what everyone had said about them anyway. Also much quieter than my K&B LOL oh gotta love the whizzing sound from the gears!

Oh and cheers mate!

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris

Yes they are quiet,

but they run good and start so easy,

we had fun Sunday with a couple of guys helping us out in the pits.

The k&B on my villian starts in reverse and the TT normal Direction,boy did that have the guys in the hot pits working to get both boats in the water with the one starter in the 2 min start time :lol:

Mate i cant fault the TT yet

greg

HAHA yes we do know about reliability!

Dont you worry, i was actually impressed at how fast it was going for a stock! Well compared to what everyone had said about them anyway. Also much quieter than my K&B LOL oh gotta love the whizzing sound from the gears!

Oh and cheers mate!

Kris
Kris,

You shouldn't notice the gears, they aren't straight cut gears - something isn't right.

Tim.

Hmmm maybe it wasnt the gears then, Tim? I dont know, could have been the prop on the water, they are just soo much quieter than my K&B ;)

Kris

They are quiet in stock form - that is for sure. It could still be something in the geartrain - has it been lubed?

Thye may not be 'Meshed' correctly either...They probably could have used a bit more oil, but I think they were being greased, with what I dont know...

Kris

hey all what is the race at bob gona be called

greg how did ya mac go what boat did ya run it on laters dion

Well lets just say Yarra pretty much 'Cherried' us ;-)

Thats the roughest i have ever seen that joint :rolleyes: Definately not nice 3.5 tunnel water when it came to the races!!

Damm those REK units are strong :rolleyes: :unsure:

I T Boned a dead boat (45 rigger CF layup) and nearly cut it in two with the REK Unit, I was only going about 35MPH...Suprised to find out that i didnt even break the Skeg(it hit the stuffing tube inside the radio box), or put a mark on it for that matter!!!

Although, it did damage my Grimracer mount, bent the whole thing up!

Then i got to run my FE Tunnel agaisnt the nitro guys LOL

Kris

Then i got to run my FE Tunnel agaisnt the nitro guys LOL

Kris

I must say we are a nice bunch of blokes here at Yarrawonga, letting the FE Tunnel run with a nitro class :) :)

That MAC has some potential!

Lynx? He WISHES HEHE

Just his trusty old DPI

being very tempted, OK guys i am getting back into rc boats after 15years absence, i am actually going electric now as its more convenient and living at bondi i cannot use the local park (centennial park that is) to run any boats, so i have to go along the shore line in the harbour and keep the noise down from the old folks.

anyway long story short, one of my old mates still has his 7.5 / tunnel sitting in the actic he has invited me take it out and race it again, and i am considering this, is there any one going to BOB, i have so far entered my 2 electric boats but could bring the tunnel down and race that as well?

cheers

Pete

PS. i had the first k&B 7.7cc outboard deliveverd to Australia around 15years ago and in those days it took months to get any parts delivered by hobicco. LOL oh wow the history, i guess i still love the tunnel

being very tempted, OK guys i am getting back into rc boats after 15years absence, i am actually going electric now as its more convenient and living at bondi i cannot use the local park (centennial park that is) to run any boats, so i have to go along the shore line in the harbour and keep the noise down from the old folks.

anyway long story short, one of my old mates still has his 7.5 / tunnel sitting in the actic he has invited me take it out and race it again, and i am considering this, is there any one going to BOB, i have so far entered my 2 electric boats but could bring the tunnel down and race that as well?

cheers

Pete

PS. i had the first k&B 7.7cc outboard deliveverd to Australia around 15years ago and in those days it took months to get any parts delivered by hobicco. LOL oh wow the history, i guess i still love the tunnel

Hi Peter,

I think that ther will be a few 7.5's at BOB. Greg Mortlock (gmorty) will be running his, as will a few guys from Melbourne.

We don't run a racing class for 7.5 outboards at Penrith. I would not have a problem if you wanted to run with the 3.5's on club days. Come out and play.

Hey, here's a blast from the past, I remember many years ago skiing behind a boat called "the *****" at Grafton Bridge to Bridge with you?

Hi Peter

Mate ill be there at BOB im entering my 7.5 Tunnel,if theres not enough in the class ill run it in Hydro,wont be competitive in hydro but still gets a run.

Enter it mate the more the better.

greg

ill have mine then no mater how well it gose still havent run it yet started it the other night first shot looking good hope it runs well laters dion

awesome mate way to much hp for a 26 inch boat

we had it so rich it was spittind raw fuel out of the carb

i didn't get it much over half throttle all day

but it still managed to get on pipe and blow over at the end of the straights

it's quicker than my os at half throttle

the lynx deal fell through at the last minute mark so im hunting

for another one

ive put the engine on my old predator hull

at 33 inches it's onlt 100 grams heaver than my old dpi

and the cg has worked out at 30 % without any weight

added so im optimistic

might have to mod the sponson bottoms and tunnel floor to get it aired out

but i will run it this weekend and see how it goes

if all else fails i will just cut the boat down 2 or 3 inches

greg isnt that ya 7.5 hull i have the bearing wen ever u want 2 come get them just let me know laters dion

I MIGHT have a WOF30 ready by BotB that will need a driver......... The more 3.5 tunnels we can get there - the better in my opinion!

I hope someone is going to take a lot of pic's!

Back