3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rule Changes? Hey hang on a minute ;-) We dont want any changes made, just a demo. But if you are too scared then so be it. lol J/K :lol:

Anyways They will be there, so if anyone wants to see them run just ask

Kris

dion26 said:
hey all i do agree with tim but i also think we should just try it omly if we dont have the numbers for some good racing let the FE's race but not for any points i think it would be good just for show laters dion

112624[/snapback]

Sorry, but I don't think we can pick and choose, especially when it comes to sanctioned events and the AMPBA rulebook - not vey professional (proabably not the right word but you know what I mean) in my opinion.

Kris Flynn said:
Rule Changes? Hey hang on a minute ;-) We dont want any changes made, just a demo.  But if you are too scared then so be it. lol J/K  :lol:
Anyways They will be there, so if anyone wants to see them run just ask

Kris

112627[/snapback]

Kris, I would love to run along with an FE - maybe on practice day, BUT not in a points race - it's hard enough finishing now with the amount of "dead wood" (mainly mine :lol: ) floating around.

Who knows, if I'm that impressed, I may put an FE on my "old" Villain S1 along with your guidance of course.

Gino

Gino,

This is what i was asking...

Practice day - can we run......

At this stage, i think that i will be running Kris's second nitro boat, so either way i will be racing a tunnel at the event so i really dont care. (just have to double check here Kris)

Im bring the Electric tunnel for show - NOT TO COMPETE

Tim, and other folk, im not interested in rule change, and if you read my post you will find no mention of that talk anywhere. Perhaps in time there might be an event we can run electric at. But since AMPBA has limited electric national or even State champs, we have to ask the nitro folk if we can join in.

I'd love to go head to head with some nitro boats, so can we make a decision if the boats are alowd to run on the friday practice.

David

Guys,

The decision of whether you can run in an exibition style on the practice day is something the event organisers (The HVMMC) would have to be asked. I'm not a member of that club and wouldn't dare comment on their behalf.

My points were raised purely in regards to competing - not "demo's".

Tim.

PS I am planning on building an electric eventually.

Pulsetech said:
dion26 said:
hye greg iam planing on making a 7.5 ob i just need a hull any 1 got 1 they r not useing

Dion i Have one i will bring it toomorow are you going to be there

112557[/snapback]

I have the mould to a modified LapCat II Tunnel...

just sold my Cobra...

Kris Flynn said:
Craig, I might be able to help you out there ;-)
I may have an over powered Villain S1 (unless my new boat is done) you can drive ;-) All you need is radio and probably Fuel ;-) i will supply boat

Kris

112208[/snapback]

Sounds good to me :)

gimme an email at [email protected]

Oh and if anyone here in OZ wants Lawless gear ya better PM me quickly.... Order is being placed :)

Now how to hook up an A90 to a Lawless drive.....

My idea to stop all this crap about f/e and nitro

Why dont they run a just tunnel outboard class

Seeing that the outboard class is getting of the ground again.

Then it is race what you bring (all in together).

Why not try to include everyone's needs.

As riggers dont look like real boats why not raise the outboard apperance.

Just my idea sitting in the spectator stands at the moment.

Dunno about that one rmprecision ;-)

I Personally wouldnt like to run a 3.5 against a 7.5 or bigger...purly because they can withstand crapper water (muchly goodness English ;-))

Tim, I know what you were commenting about that is why i was trying to explain :)

Dave, Plan so far is that you will run my second NITRO tunnel...unless something happens to it at the Vic Champs LOL (tough wood)

I will send an Email to Grub regarding running an FE tunnel on PRACTISE day...

BTW I would just like to add that this has been/is a good clean discussion with no bashing so lets keep it up!

Cheers

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kris

what do you think about a handicap system?

It works in alot of other type's of racing ie(real boats, cycling, speedway)

What is wrong of promoting outboards.

Spectators are always interested in the fastest class.

I'm not trying cause trouble just giving a different perspective :rolleyes:

rmprecision said:
My idea to stop all this crap about f/e and nitroWhy dont they run a just tunnel outboard class

Seeing that the outboard class is getting of the ground again.

Then it is race what you bring (all in together).

Why not try to include everyone's needs.

As riggers dont look like real boats why not raise the outboard apperance.

Just my idea sitting in the spectator stands at the moment.

112722[/snapback]

And guess what???? I still have an 11cc outboard... should I run that with the 3.5s as well????

once you start breaking the rules its very hard to set new boundaries because you have already broken the rules once why not break them again????

rmprecision said:
Hey Kriswhat do you think about a handicap system?

It works in alot of other type's of racing ie(real boats, cycling, speedway)

What is wrong of promoting outboards.

Spectators are always interested in the fastest class.

I'm not trying cause trouble just giving a different perspective :rolleyes:

112730[/snapback]

Handicap is hard to work out.... get the boats to the lake and show the numbers.... thats the way to get a class running :)

David Kingston said:
Who do we ask to run the boats on the practice day.
David

112849[/snapback]

David,

as Kris said, he is emailing Justin Antoni ( GRUB ) - he is the man to ask.

Gino

poolschool said:
David Kingston said:
Who do we ask to run the boats on the practice day.
David

112849[/snapback]

David,

as Kris said, he is emailing Justin Antoni ( GRUB ) - he is the man to ask.

Gino

112853[/snapback]

I will have a talk to our other committee members and we will let you guys know the outcome.

The main problem you're going to have is that on practice day at the HV Champs there might not be spectators as it is a Friday and generally not many competitors turn up either.

Grub

And guess what???? I still have an 11cc outboard... should I run that with the 3.5s as well????

once you start breaking the rules its very hard to set new boundaries because you have already broken the rules once why not break them again????

112814[/snapback]

And i bet your 11cc tunnel is still slower than a modified 7.5 tunnel on smooth water:p :p

As for the handicap system it wouldn't that hard at all.

Just work out the time difference per lap and multiply by the laps you run.

rmprecision said:

112814[/snapback]

And i bet your 11cc tunnel is still slower than a modified 7.5 tunnel on smooth water:p :p

As for the handicap system it wouldn't that hard at all.

Just work out the time difference per lap and multiply by the laps you run.

113003[/snapback]

Oh yes absolutely slower..... except not.....

Who said my 11 was stock?????? Actually if you knew me well you would not ask IF.... you would ask HOW hot!!!!

Who said my 11 was stock?????? Actually if you knew me well you would not ask IF.... you would ask HOW hot!!!!

For you Craig, it should be

"What is stock on it?"

That way the answer will be shorter. :p

Grub

hey all kris r u coming down on sunday its a oval round there should be about 4 or five 3.5 ob's down hope 2 c u there laters dion

Back