3.5 k&b outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:3.5 k&b outboard

It has been my experience the two main reasons a model engine will not run are: 1. glow plug is not glowing brightly, 2. the engine is not drawing sufficient fuel.

1. Remove the glow plug, connect it to the starting battery. The element should glow brightly. If not, either your glow plug or starting battery are not working.

2. With the glow plug still removed, close the needle-valve completely and then open it four full turns.

3. With the glow plug still removed, open the carb completely, place a thumb over the carb opening, and spin the motor over. Fuel should spit out the glow plug hole. If you haven't done so, you need to connect the pressure line to the fuel tank. Check to make sure your lines are properly connected.

4. If you are drawing fuel and the plug is hot, the motor should start.

Jerry D.

Good job Jerry ;)

Its good to have you out here. ;)

I few more notes:

Make sure that you can see about a 1/16" slit down the carb barrel when you begin your attempt to start the motor.

Also do be careful not to hold the throttle wide open as the motor begins to run. If the mixture is lean you could damage the motor.

Also (Jerry if you do not mind) i would like to clarify what Jerry meant by hooking you glow plug to the starter battery. He meant to say that you attach the glow plug to the glow battery as the starter battery has way to much voltage and will burn out your glow plug. ;D

We got yea Jerry but you know what I mean.

And remember to check out www.grimracer.com (shameless plug) 8)

Rock On

Grimracer

Mike,

Thanks for explaining what I meant. If you don't mind, I'll use this service when my wife doesn't understand when I tell her I need to spend money to buy hobby stuff.

Jerry D.

when i need money for my habbit.... i always start to wheel and deal... if I can get this you can get that.... usually works : :)

Back