21 outboard pipe whats the best one and where to get it

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alot of people will say the one from mark hopper

give gary pruesse a call and try a muffled pipe from ROSSI. not nova rossi

this is comming from a hydro guy that watches alot of boat B)

what about a gadjetcraft,, thats if you can find one......im not sure how they run on a nova,,, but its a great pipe that will double stage with the proper setup.......

just a thought......

ac

what about a gadjetcraft,, thats if you can find one......im not sure how they run on a nova,,, but its a great pipe that will double stage with the proper setup.......

just a thought......

ac
:rolleyes: :wub: :D Last one I knew of went to Ebay....... :( :( Should have bought it to hang on the wall!!!!!

Lucky!!! 10x8 just didn't want to ship it to me at the time from AUS and wanted 150 AU dollars for it so overall it would have costed 200 some bucks..... Would have been a good back up!!!! Next one I see I'm not letting go bye bye....

Yeah i know

think i got if for like $100.00
Cheaper than what I paid for an SPP RS shipped to the U.S. :p

SayMikey, The HTB Silver Bullet and Silver Bullet HP are great pipes that are readily available from Mark Hopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
john knight runs a vision/nova/lawless & swears by the silver bullet. not sure if it's the original or hp version, but john will tell ya. he won b tunnel at the fall nats with it :ph34r:

i like the cooper for heat racing, randy premo has won many nat'l titles with one on a rb concepts nova ob. the irwin stamped pipe may be faster, but is a tighter powerband, more peaky than the cooper. but the fastest ob pipe i have seen in a straight line on my boats is a rossi "small" pipe. it was sold for the old 6 bolt ob.

greg, i also have never had any luck with the silver bullet .21 ob pipes, but the folks that like them get them to run well.......good pipes, just not for you & me :p . i've tried the original spp ob pipes, gadjetcraft, irwins-both stamped & quiet, cooper, both silver bullets, jyd racing "irwin" quiet pipes, equii "s" pipes, the small rossi - but i keep coming back to the cooper for tunnel heat racing & the irwin stamped pipe for my ob riggers. both with k&b's & cmb ls evo 2's.

It seems like which Novarossi .21 would be a factor in which pipe to choose? I'll be running a stock 5-port NR next year and will be needing a pipe. Or I will just try my I/B pipe setup that I ran this past season on the O.S.

john knight runs a vision/nova/lawless & swears by the silver bullet. not sure if it's the original or hp version, but john will tell ya. he won b tunnel at the fall nats with it :ph34r:

I like the cooper for heat racing, randy premo has won many nat'l titles with one on a rb concepts nova ob. the irwin stamped pipe may be faster, but is a tighter powerbani d, more peaky than the cooper. but the fastest ob pipe i have seen in a straight line on my boats is a rossi "small" pipe. it was sold for the old 6 bolt ob.

I have tried many OB pipes on my boats and still come back to the Silver Bullet Standard (SBB) pipe and NOT the HP. Tried the Irwin, the HP, the Cooper and others and nothing gives me the speed, reliability, full throttle capability, and can mill at any speed I want than the SBB. The HP is very picky on the needle, trying to find it and keeping it. I also run the Zoom carb and ran formerly a PB carb which is an excellent carb but the Zoom gives me a few mph more. But that is for me and may not do the same for others. The real key is the prop. Get one too large and it bogs down the boat and nothing will run well then.

Mark Hooper does well with the HP pipe on a CMB RS21 engine. I could not make it work well on a NR. And I tried a bunch.

I have always ended up going back to the old faithful Irwin stamped pipe. Hard to beat it.

My best pipe has been a tie between the SPP and the Silverbullet HP. I have tried almost every pipe made(as well as some custom ones that I made) and still rely on these two for my heat racing.

I sent Mark a email,I just hate to invest in several pipes and hundreds of dollars and end up using one pipe. I may try to find some early Cooper pipes<inboard and do some hacking

Find the right length on a Cooper outboard pipe and its visually a night and day difference over the Irwin stamped and the Silver bullet HP. I've witnessed it first hand on both my CMB RS and Premo's Nova when he originally switched from the Irwin stamped pipe to the Cooper.

I've yet to see the SPP RS pipe that many have recommended. Does anybody have picture of it that the could post on here?

-Jr.

Why did the Cooper 21 outboard pipe go out of production?

Just wondering.......

Back