.21 OS Outboard Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcazz

Is there a different carb that i can match up with this engine, or is the stock carb all that is! Also, does anyone have one or another carb that the are willing to either Trade/Sell. Thanks.

You make any carb work with the OS using an adapter, but the stock one works great. Are you looking for something other than stock, or are you looking for stock? I have a used stock one I would sell, unless you have something I want in a trade. Let me know.

~James

You make any carb work with the OS using an adapter, but the stock one works great. Are you looking for something other than stock, or are you looking for stock? I have a used stock one I would sell, unless you have something I want in a trade. Let me know.
~James
Well, Stock would be great unless a different carb has the potential of increasing performace, but i dont see that happing unless some kind of porting on the sleeve etc and possibly a pipe..... How much did you want to sell the OS carb for James?

John, im getting ready to head to bed right now (its getting late here) but you will have an email in the morning.

~James

PS, I got the motor today, thanks!

John, im getting ready to head to bed right now (its getting late here) but you will have an email in the morning.
~James

PS, I got the motor today, thanks!
Alright very cool, i hope it works out good for you.....ya i really never ran that engine....but kept it clean for the most part....sat around for years....but let me know.

The carb supplied with the O.S. OB really works well. I don't think using another carb would gain you anything. Even if you were to go to a tuned exhaust and other engine mods, that stock carb is a good choice.

JD

Jerry is right, a good boat set up the right prop and 60% fuel and that motor will sing right out of the box! Greg

I've used the XM 20J carb on a Thunder Tiger O/B, Thunder Tiger BX-R buggy converted to O/B powerhead,

OS VZ-M converted O/B, Ofna Hyper O/B conversion and a OS 30VG-P-X buggy to O/B powerhead. It worked

flawless on all these engines, that carb is one of my best friends,, got one on a heavily modded Rossi AXE and

even ran one on a Mac 21 O/B for a while.

JW

Last edited by a moderator:
Back