1986 Miss 7-11

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_hedlund

Hello

I have just aquire the 1986 Miss 7-11, It was orginally built by Thunderboat production. I purchased it from Chip Morris ( excellent guy to deal with , i could tell i really cared what happened to his boat) It has 2 6 oz tanks in it. I have been told that i would need at least 16 oz but it would be better to go with 18 oz, Does this boat get really good mileage?

Also what props should i run , i was thinking of starting with a X457 2 blade.

here is a picture of it my gallery

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
t_hedlund

It depends on what your going to be powering with, but 12oz will not be enough, in any case!

With an OPS 16oz's will be fine

with a PICCO you will be pushing it with 16oz's

with a CMB green head 67 you will need 20oz's

X457 is a good choice for a prop, if it seems to be pulling that easily you could try an Octura Y557 is a X457 with 10% more pitch

And always a good scale prop with a CMB is the Prather S255

I just came in from Clear Coating my "FINALLY" painted 1985 7-11, as my signature says, this has been an on-going 18 year project, pics later

Good luck, have fun testing

Rick Bellinger

Rick are you going to have the new boat in orlando? I will be stoppin by sun. on way home from dade city see ya there Robert

Thanks, i will have to redo the tanks, to make it the whole race. Does a gold head CMB use more , less or the same amount of fuel. Also what % nitro should i be using, i have test my Atlas on 25% i have read that some race on 65%. I have also read some where that the bigger motors like less .

i will have to see if i can find a Prather S255 to test hat out.

You will have to share pictures of your 7-11, Mine hasn't been races since 1999.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back