1984 Atlas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catxtreme

I have purchased a 1985 Miller American kit and would like to convert it back to the 1984 Atlas Van Lines, does anyone make a fiberglass cowling for the 1984 Atlas? Are there any other changes that need to be made to the 1985 Miller American to convert it back to the 1984 Atlas Van Lines? I will be building this kit this winter and I realize it may take some time to aquire some things such as cowling and decals so I wanted to start sorting things out as soon as possible. Thanks for any help.

Jeff

I have purchased a 1985 Miller American kit and would like to convert it back to the 1984 Atlas Van Lines, does anyone make a fiberglass cowling for the 1984 Atlas? Are there any other changes that need to be made to the 1985 Miller American to convert it back to the 1984 Atlas Van Lines? I will be building this kit this winter and I realize it may take some time to aquire some things such as cowling and decals so I wanted to start sorting things out as soon as possible. Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Jeff,

I have done this before, the cowling vents are different, send me your e-mail, I will send you some pictures.

I dont know of any glass cowls for the Miller or Atlas that are any good, and since your building a Dumas, makes it even more difficult, the parts in the kit will work.

Another word of advice, anything made from luan in the kit, make out of 3 or 5 ply plywood for your model, what engine will you run ? CMB/MAC will need min 22 oz of fuel, dont build the radio box as the plans show, speedmaster hardware, and .........

keep in touch.

Joe I am actually about to start construction so I will probably be contacting you and a few others more often as work progresses. Thanks for the photos they have helped tremendously already.

Jeff

Here are 2 places to get a cowl from. i purchased a 83 for my 82 Dumas atlas. it fits very well. Here is the post on it. international water post i got it from

John Borden of Lone Star Boats, it is a very nice cowling.

You could also try RC Boat Company i have heard a lot of good things about there products.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Jeff,

Get the cowl from Steve at the www.rcboatcompany.com , you may want to get the cowl before you get to far, the width of a Dumas hull center section is only 4", and I believe most others will be 4-1/2 to 5" wide.

Here are 2 places to get a cowl from. i purchased a 83 for my 82 Dumas atlas. it fits very well. Here is the post on it. international water post i got it from John Borden of Lone Star Boats, it is a very nice cowling.

You could also try RC Boat Company i have heard a lot of good things about there products.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Joe that is correct, but if you stay with a cowling that is 4 1/2 it overlaps a 1/4 on each side. , Check out my gallery i used john B. cowling. I bought the hull already built so i'm assuming it was built to the dumas plans.'

atlas gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
Back