• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.18 TZ or .12 TZ

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
Hi all,

I will be looking for both a OS TZ .18 and a OS TZ .12 I am looking for the threaded crank versions with the rotary carbs and no pull start. I am curious if there are any on this forum that are for sale or will be for sale? If there are any available what is the going price for a used engine like this? I will be wanting probably both for winter builds.

Thanks ,

Paul

for some reason the TZ18 seems to cost a little less than the .12. Both are very good engines and with a sleeve shim or to and turning down the head button, they work in boat very well.

A good used .12 or .18 should be worth $100-$125.

Not an answer to you question Paul, but...I dont think I would pay that much for a used .18 TZ. They were selling them for $120 new at tower, but recently jacked the price up to $200. I would just wait for the price to come back down before I would spend over $100 on a used one. Shoot, the pullstart one is still only $150...so that shows something fishy is going on.

The TZ might be worth the wait though...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that Sean, I also see i could buy a new TZ .18 with the short crank for $129.99 . So unless i can get one at a good price I think I might actually wait for a new one (but they may never come back down).

Paul

If you race the boat with an .18 in it you'll have to run in the .21 class.

I saw that Sean, I also see i could buy a new TZ .18 with the short crank for $129.99 . So unless i can get one at a good price I think I might actually wait for a new one (but they may never come back down).

Paul

I know, will be better than trying to race my .12 against the .21's which I have done this whole season. All ya gotta do is finish, and have fun doing it :)

Paul

I know, will be better than trying to race my .12 against the .21's which I have done this whole season. All ya gotta do is finish, and have fun doing it :)

Paul
Paul, what do you mean you want to buy?

I thought you only got stuff for free?

:lol:

Well I haven't even started building the .18 rigger yet and have 2 Free engines for it already. I was thinking of upgrading to one of the "better" .18's hoping to be a little more competitive in the B class. I will be using a OS cvrm .18 until I can find a better engine and that could be some time. My CVR .12 is the only engine I have its size and I would like more power, I am really hoping a few people will make a .12 over the winter and want to race the A class next season. I do buy stuff but if I can get a good deal I am more than willing to go the way of the good deal for sure.

Paul

you guys are crazy going for a os .18

sirio tx 18 are 1.9 hp and have a threaded crank and optional slide carb or roatary carb.

can get a good second hand one on ebay for $50

Well I haven't even started building the .18 rigger yet and have 2 Free engines for it already. I was thinking of upgrading to one of the "better" .18's hoping to be a little more competitive in the B class. I will be using a OS cvrm .18 until I can find a better engine and that could be some time. My CVR .12 is the only engine I have its size and I would like more power, I am really hoping a few people will make a .12 over the winter and want to race the A class next season. I do buy stuff but if I can get a good deal I am more than willing to go the way of the good deal for sure.

Paul
I know where you can get a brand new .18 TZ for $125... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is some thing that i here all the time the first time i heard it was when i was trying to sale a k&b 7.5 ob at a local race after i updated to a pro model. that was over 5 years ago. if you cant find parts for engines that are still being made then your not looking properly. in oz its hard to find parts for anything but when it comes to the good old internet i have found anything i have ever wanted. if you need parts for a sirio either you can either learn italian or get a language translator and check out there web site. i dont have it on hand but i can post it if you want.

if your haveing parts problems let me know as i have an abundance of brands.

They are $50 because you can't get parts for them.
you guys are crazy going for a os .18 sirio tx 18 are 1.9 hp and have a threaded crank and optional slide carb or roatary carb.

can get a good second hand one on ebay for $50

Hi all,
I will be looking for both a OS TZ .18 and a OS TZ .12 I am looking for the threaded crank versions with the rotary carbs and no pull start. I am curious if there are any on this forum that are for sale or will be for sale? If there are any available what is the going price for a used engine like this? I will be wanting probably both for winter builds.

Thanks ,

Paul
Hi Paul,

I have a .12 TZ NIB that I would be willing to sell for the right price. The motor has been preped by Mr. Rod Geraghty. It has a flywheel and octura collet for .150 flex shaft. I will also include a .18 TZ card that I bought to try on the motor too. Let me know if you interested.

Thanks

Mike

Back